Post formatting oddities

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Hi

Anyone else noticed oddities with the post creation box? Specifically:

Having to enter two returns to get para spacing while a space actually shows in the entry box.
Not seeing emoticons or images in the post unless you preview before posting.

I suppose this will be Adrian's purview as Chief Software Architect these days, but I just wondered if others had noticed anything.

For the record, Mac OS X 10.7.5, Safari browser v.6.0.2. In case that means anything.

adrian

Flying Squad
Sorry, I've not noticed anything unusual at all? Linux Ubuntu or Mint OS's with Firefox browser.

One for Adrian, indeed!!
Cheers! Thanks for that mate!

I'm going to struggle unless I can reproduce the problem. I've checked the error logs and there's nothing untoward. The carriage return works with one return and I can insert smilies in the quick reply box. :confused:.

I'm using Mac OSX 10.8.2 and Safari 6.0.2. But also have access to Ubuntu/Windows/Chrome/Firefox/IE/Opera so I'll try a few permutations over the next few days to see if anything becomes apparent.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Adrian,

Sorry, it's still happening, although somewhat at random. I seem okay with what I'm typing here, but it's just taken me three attempts to get the text entered and formatted when I started my new thread this evening in the 'Small Ads'.

Steph