Problems with Site

Mike Sheardown

Western Thunderer
Hi,

I'm getting quite a few 'database error' messages whilst trying to navigate the Western Thunder site at the moment, and the site is generally very slow. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems??

It might just be my computer, as it's quite old, but I'm not having these issues with other sites I visit.

Grateful for any advice / feedback etc

Cheers

Mike

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I can load the site - eventually - but it is indeed very slow. I put it down to my PC or the rate of my connection to the super bypass, but it sounds as though that may not be the reason.

Brian

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi,

My sincere apologies - yes it has been slow for a while and I've just merged the few threads generated as it seems that 3 threads had been generated hence the comments about missing posts - I think they were on one of the other threads.

I am investigating - the database error log isn't showing any faults - the few messages I do get are as a consequence of the slow database connection rather than the problem per se. I'm double checking the performance site with the hosting company and will update as soon I make any progress.

adrian

Flying Squad
I'd like to claim I've fixed it but I'm innocent. If it is back to normal service then that's a great relief but I'm still investigating to see if I can work out what caused the issue.

Mike Sheardown

Western Thunderer
Yes - me too - very fast, and much like it used to be a couple days ago.

Thanks Adrian for pushing whatever buttons you've pushed

Mike

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
It speeded up for a couple of hours and has now slowed down again, although not as bad as it was yesterday and earlier today.

Brian

Alan

Western Thunderer
It seems to be running normally for me now, but yesterday lunchtime I posted and when I went back later to post more pics the first one wasn't there. When I posted the second the first post also appeared. About 20mins. later I went back to it and non of the photos showed. They do now.

adrian

Flying Squad
Hi,

My apologies for the poor response of the forum over the last day or so. There is a problem with the hosting provider - they have posting the following alert.

cPanel issues -SHCP04 (Latest)
Partial
Start: Mon, 12/10/2015 09:57
Update: Mon, 12/10/2015 15:00

Our engineers are continuing to work toward resolving this issue.
Further updates will be posted here when available.
Zen regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Partial

We are currently experiencing issues affecting sites hosted on shcp04.hosting.zen.co.uk
Affected customers will be experiencing intermittent issues with their site and will be having problems sending and receiving email.

Unfortunately WT is hosted on this server and maybe the cause of the current lags in the system. I will keep you posted if they release any updates.