Re: G'day

PMP

Western Thunderer
G'day

Hello from another high plains drifter...

I've lots of different areas of modelling interest, primarily 4mm, but crossing into 7mil
_B6O7157.jpg

This was the prototype JLTRT GUV, finished with no instructions hence one or two errors as I had to make components like battery boxes at short notice, and the scottish number :scratch:. I write a bit for some of the 'mainstream' mags across the scales, and get under Brians feet at Shawplan on occaision and testing products like the 47 glasing here
IMG_6113.jpg
The 24 glasing was integrated into the Shawplan range after I'd got fed up with the grim look of the Bachmann model and I commisioned a set, Brian had also done the roof fan and grill too in his extreme etchings range, which changed the look from a toy to much more realistic, together with correcting the roof panels as well. These run on Bawdsey (EM Layout) and still need a little bit of work to get them up to my desired standard.
IMG_5520.jpg

I've built a good few 7 mil items but prefer 4mm for the majority of my modelling where I'm currently working on 'Albion Yard'

IMG_5874.jpg
A layout that I have recently decided to give a firm location to, that being the Forest of Dean. More details on it for those who haven't seen it elsewhere here http://albionyard.wordpress.com
_B6O7579.jpg

Most challenging thing I'm doing at the moment is riting a buk with a mate, mixing modelling, writing and photography all together about branch lines too!
_B6O2833-1.jpg

brgds
Paul M-P

S

Simon Dunkley

G'day

Pennine MC said:
I hate it when people do this.  You know, finish things ::) :D
In which case you must love me loads and loads... :)

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
G'day

Welcome aboard, Paul :wave:
I was only just the other night watching your DCC Sound Install demo on a Railway Modeller 'gift' DVD from a few years back. :bowdown:
The Forest of Dean is a wonderful place with plenty of inspiration for railways from it's past, and still a glimpse available of "How it was" with the Dean Forest Railway.  :thumbs:

CME & Bottlewasher said:
....nice 47, what scale is that?
I'd take a guess at the Bachmann 4mm one; it's not a Heljan 7mm - the nose handrail is correct...  ::) ;D :)) 
We won't go into the matter of it's colour here.... ;)

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
G'day

CME & Bottlewasher said:
...It is possible to tweek the front of the 7mm model too :scratch:
Yeah, but the number isn't finished either... ;)
Agreed about the scale being hard to define; ultimately, of course, the best model photos are those where it's hard to tell if it's a model or the real thing. :bowdown: :thumbs:

PMP

Western Thunderer
G'day

Jordan said:
Yeah, but the number isn't finished either... ;)

Indeed it isn't. It was finished once, but I realised I'd got the wrong number for the roof grilles, so it'll be a D16xx series in due course.

C

charles

well that's typical of me:headbang:i introduced myself in gauge 3 section I wont use an avatar of myself (what the heck is an avatar) I am a computer iletrate sort of cove , wont put a picture of mi fizog on show , because it not so good looking as this engine , I crack mirrors this image wont
thanks
Charles southwest wa