** software update **

28ten

Guv'nor
Done ;)
There shouldnt be any bugs, as it is just a point update, I should now be in a position to look at user editing of thread titles

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Never felt a thing:thumbs:
For a forum with "Western" bias then maybe "Never even blew my hat off" is more appropriate.

In case anyone considers that this post ought to carry an "in-joke" warning, the quotation refers to a cartoon which appeared in Punch just after Grouping with the comment being made by a GWR porter dancing with joy.

regards, Graham

Last edited:

28ten

Guv'nor
I will be attempting to implement the thread title editing in the next couple of days, the add on will also enable users to edit the thread prefix, which will be important for planned consolidation of a couple of sub forum. it should also add the ability to give a 'reason for edit' at the bottom of posts. fingers crossed it all works :cool:

28ten

Guv'nor
Right, I think i have hammered the right buttons, and if somebody would be so good as to try and edit their thread title by editing the first post in the thread and selecting More options, you should then be able to change the thread title.....
Snapshot1.jpg

Snapshot2.jpg

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Tried it and it works. It was but a small change, but one that leaves me feeling a little more comfortable: 'On Scots And Duchesses' is now 'On Scots and Duchesses'.

So that's a result on two counts for me.:thumbs:

And having got my two suggestions enacted, it's time to duck beneath the parapet again...

Steph

28ten

Guv'nor
The edit reason should be in the bottom left somewhere, ill need to check the options, but as long as the title works that is the main thing. :)

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
Cynric, great feature thank you. Not sure if you are able to, but can you add a new first post to my workbench thread so I can add an index?

28ten

Guv'nor
Cynric, great feature thank you. Not sure if you are able to, but can you add a new first post to my workbench thread so I can add an index?
Only with extreme difficulty and database hacking :eek: the reason being that posts have a 'date stamp' so anything posted today has to have the stamp changed and I can only do that via the db.
One possible solution is to move the content from your first post to your second post and then add an index in the first post. In honesty i dont know how many people would use the index?

adrian

Flying Squad
A feature request if I may?

What I would find very useful is that if I have a small section of text selected in a post and I hit the reply link then the quoted text is just that which is selected rather than the entire post.

I'm often snipping posts in the reply so I can comment on a sentence or two, so if I could just highlight the bit I want to reply to it would make it simpler. Now someone is going to tell me that the option is already there and I've just missed it!