HO Steph's DDR and Czech workbench

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Thanks Mick,

That guy's collection is amazing - I've got it in my Flickr favourites, but those hadn't come up in my search yet.

Unusual to see a photo of 2105 (one of the other locos in the set) that's pre-preservation and the other phots are great and add enormously to the very few I have of that loco.

Many thanks for the links. :thumbs:

Steph

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Steph,

That's because they were only uploaded today ;)

I check daily (follow his page, so his uploads are in my what's new from friends feed), as I do with about another ten or so regular up-loaders, pages tend to come and go so I grab as soon as I can.

Another good one is Mr Brutzer Bahnbilder von W. + H. Brutzer

He's really prolific, I've not seen anyone else with such a large collection as this, his up loads vary between 10 and 50 a day, check out his albums, there's thousands of German railway images.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
That Brutzer collection isn't one I've come across before. It seems to take some digging through, but I did start turning up the odd 1970s DR photo which will be useful. I'm particularly liking this one of a 132 on a StadtExpress in '79, which is a train I've already modelled...
132 538 B. - Lichtenberg 20.08.79

Steph

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Brutzer is a mish mash collection dotted all over the place, the only real way is go tackle each album in turn and just wade through; he has a lot of DDR diesels, most though are post Berlin wall collapse.

One thing I don't like about Flickr is that you cannot search within a particular users stream, it's always global, or it used to be. They appear to have now added a stream search but it's not intuitive to find.......well it's taken me a few years to find it...... Basically open the users stream and instead of going to the big search box at top right (where you used to be able to select global or local) go to the small magnifying glass above the RH image, click that and it will search just that stream.

Entering 79 into Brutzers pages comes back with 5000+ images, that's everything with 79 in it, but the majority seem to be from that year.

2020-12-03 21_34_20-Bahnbilder von W. + H. Brutzer _ Flickr.jpg