Support your local railway....

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
It'll come as no surprise that our heritage railways are really hurting now, financially. I, personally, have made some small contributions to funds which are designed to provide some financial relief and I'll continue to do so, within my somewhat meagre abilities. However, the reason for this missive is that the Great Central Railway "Emporium" have been gifted a quantity of tinplate O gauge which looks to be in pretty poor condition but may be of interest to someone who's in to the restoration of classic stuff.

Now, I have no knowledge of the possible value - it might be nix - but in the hope that there may be someone on WT who has an interest in such things and may be feeling altruistic here is the info from the latest e-missive from the GCR:

"0 Gauge

Complete train set in tin-lots of rail, wagons carriages etc-needs lots of love but probably quite rare.Contact me for details. Looking for offers in excess of £100

Phew that's it.Remember all the money(every penny)we raise goes towards helping our railway in these trying times.

All goods are subject to discussion re delivery/collection/payment etc

Email for all the above chris.shilliam@btinternet.com"

mail.gif

There's also a few bits of OO on the site. I've not shown it here as I suspect it's fairly common although the prices look pretty good to me but will be delighted to do so if there's any interest. As Chris says, every penny from these sales helps to keep the railway viable.

I much appreciate you taking the time to look at this.

Brian

simond

Western Thunderer
Brian

there’s an active “old fashioned o gauge” thread on t’other channel. I suspect they’d be most interested. Can act as go between if you wish

Atb
Simon

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hi Simon.

That's a kind offer which I'd like to follow up. (WT is the only forum of which I'm a member.)

Many thanks.

Brian

simond

Western Thunderer
‘tis done, sir. Good luck!

I imagine your pal might hear from a chap named Kevin

Atb
Simon

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Thank you so much, Simon. Personally I think the price suggested is rather optimistic but there could be something rare in the box, I suppose.

I'll keep fingers crossed.

Best regards.

Brian