4mm The Idler

Joe1980

Western Thunderer
78D3A62B-C604-4BE0-B610-2E1AB1DED31D.jpeg After adding a Scale Model Scenery pub signpost, and then fashioning the larger pub name board from offcuts, the pub is looking pretty near complete. Needs flashing and guttering, but I’m mostly happy with how it looks now!

Joe1980

Western Thunderer
Layout progress has been a bit slow of late due to focusing on “Project Lockdown” (an upgrade of an old Airfix class 31). Today I’ve started to experiment with the backscene, aiming for atmosphere over detail/hyper-realism.

C399CC07-B2CA-4FE7-835C-116C9FDFF6DC.jpeg

Martin Shaw

Western Thunderer
All it needs is a 3D scan of me on the footplate and it could be in Scotland, although clay hoods and bucolic pubs aren't really a scottish thing, very atmospheric though. Could rename it to "The Idler of Bo'ness", then it really would suit me.
Martin

Joe1980

Western Thunderer
All it needs is a 3D scan of me on the footplate and it could be in Scotland, although clay hoods and bucolic pubs aren't really a scottish thing, very atmospheric though. Could rename it to "The Idler of Bo'ness", then it really would suit me.
Martin

Send down the figure and we’ll try and create the scene! I’ll dot a few saltires about too!

Joe1980

Western Thunderer
I’ve made a decent bit of progress over the last few days. Decided I simply had to get on with the main pottery works factory building. I’ve finished the brickwork and given it an initial coat of drybrushed brick colour. I’ll eventually weather it and pick out some of the bricks in different tones to make it look less like a new build! Then add the roof, windows and door.

D1AA5FAE-D2FB-4D88-8EC6-01659F423204.jpeg

Here’s a picture of it in position:
E089707B-CB75-4F04-AB71-EF884160C070.jpeg

Joe1980

Western Thunderer
I’ve not really given much of an update recently, lured by the world of Model Railway Twitter and also just being ridiculously busy at work.

Here’s an overall view of the layout as it is today, with the factory building roofed and a small canal area built at the front of the layout.

2EDD0495-19C7-4B18-AE6B-85E563115E4B.jpeg

And here’s a shot of the Sentinel in the new canal siding, taken during a pre-summer holiday shutdown shunt.

D4AADBF2-228F-4284-8E6B-3B4B93999024.jpeg

In the meantime, I hope everyone is well. I’m off to dream of having a layout like the various Sheep-related ones.