simond

Western Thunderer
That asks almost as many questions as it answers.

If I were looking for photos of sheep, “Marine Fotos” would probably not be the first agency on my list

and conversely, should I be searching such an agency, and amongst the gulls, scudding cloud, docksides & ships...

Atb
Simon

Osgood

Western Thunderer
On the basis that the Rambech and Ewell is set in fenland country, you should be aware that things are a little different in those parts - for example, on account of the strong prevailing winds, sheep tend to live in bungalows.

05914143-FB85-4BC5-92CD-E00D8E5D2378.jpeg
Photo from Twitter / @FenCops

Last edited:

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Afternoon all.

Christmas saw the arrival of an example of Bachmanns new 1P 0.4.4T land courtesy of Santa. In fact it saw two....

No.54 in S&DJR Blue is an absolute triumph and Bachmann's rendition of the Prussian Blue livery is second to none. A lovely model in what is surely the best of the pre-grouping and certainly the best of the post-grouping liveries.

The second example is in BR lined black as 58072, anithe S&DJR loco and a regular on the Bridgewater branch. A much looked forward to model.
Somewhat disappointing then that the original 58072 needed to be returned to Kernow models, who have been exemplary. Unfortunately they could not supply a replacement so I have since acquired another example.

This really is a smashing loco and the second example runs a lot better than the first......in fact it runs.

As well as Bleat Wharf, this little chap is destined for a small S&D based terminus which is the second of two layouts planned for this year.

All good.

20201225_132433-01.jpeg 20201225_132825-01.jpeg 20201231_120558-01.jpeg 20201231_115815-02.jpeg 20201231_121818-02.jpeg

Rob.

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Afternoon all.

Christmas saw the arrival of an example of Bachmanns new 1P 0.4.4T land courtesy of Santa. In fact it saw two....

No.54 in S&DJR Blue is an absolute triumph and Bachmann's rendition of the Prussian Blue livery is second to none. A lovely model in what is surely the best of the pre-grouping and certainly the best of the post-grouping liveries.

The second example is in BR lined black as 58072, anithe S&DJR loco and a regular on the Bridgewater branch. A much looked forward to model.
Somewhat disappointing then that the original 58072 needed to be returned to Kernow models, who have been exemplary. Unfortunately they could not supply a replacement so I have since acquired another example.

This really is a smashing loco and the second example runs a lot better than the first......in fact it runs.

As well as Bleat Wharf, this little chap is destined for a small S&D based terminus which is the second of two layouts planned for this year.

All good.

View attachment 135371 View attachment 135372 View attachment 135373 View attachment 135374 View attachment 135375

Rob.

That S&D livery is superb.

Muddysblues

Western Thunderer
Oh what a tease she is :rolleyes: !!!

smiling-sheep-gary-canant-jpg.134706

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Morning all.

In other news, prompted by a blog post from a chum of mine on the other channel, I dug out an old loco of mine yesterday.

The Dapol/Hornby Pug has been around for a while now and mine hasn't been used for quite a bit. My memory of it was that the running wasn't the best and as such it sat in its box, unused.

There is a place for such a loco at both Bleat Wharf and Sheep Dip. As such, when Hornby re-released their latest version, I thought about a new one. However, when I ran one in the local train shop just before Christmas, the running wasn't the best so it stayed on the shelf.

Seeing the blog entry a couple of days ago got me thinking and out mine was dragged.

A strip down, clean and adjustment has produced a runner which will run very slowly in both directions coming to a steady halt. Sure, it's nosier in reverse than forwards but decent enough for my purposes and better than the one in the shop.

I had thought of acquiring a High Gear chassis to go under it, and I may well do so in the future. However, for now at least the running is such that I feel compelled to finally add the brass chimney and whistle, along with other detailing.

Rob

* I would have uploaded a photo or two but I seem unable to do so at present.....*

Morning all.

In other news, prompted by a blog post from a chum of mine on the other channel, I dug out an old loco of mine yesterday.

The Dapol/Hornby Pug has been around for a while now and mine hasn't been used for quite a bit. My memory of it was that the running wasn't the best and as such it sat in its box, unused.

There is a place for such a loco at both Bleat Wharf and Sheep Dip. As such, when Hornby re-released their latest version, I thought about a new one. However, when I ran one in the local train shop just before Christmas, the running wasn't the best so it stayed on the shelf.

Seeing the blog entry a couple of days ago got me thinking and out mine was dragged.

A strip down, clean and adjustment has produced a runner which will run very slowly in both directions coming to a steady halt. Sure, it's nosier in reverse than forwards but decent enough for my purposes and better than the one in the shop.

I had thought of acquiring a High Gear chassis to go under it, and I may well do so in the future. However, for now at least the running is such that I feel compelled to finally add the brass chimney and whistle, along with other detailing.

Rob

* I would have uploaded a photo or two but I seem unable to do so at present.....*

Hi Rob.

When I returned to the hobby I dug out my two pugs that had spent two decades in a shoe box through lots of house moves. Both still ran we'll, amazingly. In a fit of enthusiasm I got two new motors from peter's spares, the ones with the resistor / capacitor (well whatever) and they both run really well now. One in particular is smooth at sub walking space.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Evening Kane.

They are quite nice little models and I was pleased that it ran as well as it did. Now that its running, I 'm happy to spend a bit of time adding a few details.......which means that Hornby will announce a super detailed version.

Rob.

NHY 581

Western Thunderer
Evening all.

Modelling ground to a halt as despite my best efforts, I managed to contract COVID, most likely during my shift on NYE.

I'm over the worst of it now but for a couple of weeks things were a bit tricky and I was quite poorly.
It will take me a while to fully rid myself of the effects but I'm getting there and count myself as lucky.

Modelling wise, it will be a light duties for a while. As such, I've started on a couple of small jobs and over the weekend tackled a repair to a Bachmann RTP building.

This little cottage is destined to form the scenic break to mask the entrance into/exit from the fiddle yard.

However, this building had been dropped not once but twice by myself a couple of years ago.

Damage was done to the ridge tiles as well as a sizeable chunk taken out of one edge and gutter.
Repairs were effected using Milliput which was left to thoroughly harden before being sanded and scribed.

The building was then painted here and there before being weathered.

And here is the result. I'll add more detail when it's planted on the layout.

Rob.20210124_104003-01.jpeg 20210124_103654-01.jpeg 20210124_134035-01.jpeg