Today I found this...

28ten

Guv'nor
whilst sorting my books. I dont remember 1964 but this book is a real childhood memory, actually its probably to blame for al this :lol:
If I ever build a 47 this is the one it will be

Attachments

• bookcovers0061.JPG
    bookcovers0061.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 66

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
This is the first combine I bought, I think it's the 1973 edition, I do have a couple of older ones but I actually got this one on Doncaster Stn as a spotter :D . If you do build that 47 Cynric will you be building the XP64 to go behind it :shock: :lol:

[attachment=0:demx3b0t]3730241337_802f1b1f0c.jpg[/attachment:demx3b0t]

Attachments

• 3730241337_802f1b1f0c.jpg
    3730241337_802f1b1f0c.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 60

28ten

Guv'nor
I cant see myself building XP64 stock, I ma going to struggle to get much to hang behind the Western :(
Its a bit anal, but I have just about finished cataloguing all my books, and another one from the past is the Hornby book of trains a bit dog-eared but the minix motor way and Battle space brings back memories

Attachments

• bookcovers0207.JPG
    bookcovers0207.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 54

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Yes I've still got my old copy of that one too :lol:.
One collection of books from the seventies that I still find extremely useful are the old 'Bradford Barton' albums, in fact I have started collecting the ones I didn't have & I'm going to have to compile a list, because I'm getting to the point of buying the same one's twice now :oops: ........anyway this is one of my favourites :D

[attachment=0:14jzzex6]img105.jpg[/attachment:14jzzex6]

Phill :thumbs:

Attachments

• img105.jpg
    img105.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 49

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I have a few Bradford Bartons that have come off Ebay, very handy little books :D

Yes I managed to get my copy of this one from e-bay, some people were paying ?45+ for this one on there :shock: , but needless to say a bargain hunter like me paid considerably less for this copy ;) :lol:. One I would really like to get hold of is the Modern Branchline Album ;)

[attachment=0:1bkz611r]img106.jpg[/attachment:1bkz611r]

Attachments

• img106.jpg
    img106.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 40

28ten

Guv'nor
?45 :shock: :shock: You can pick it up a lot less, Usual ebay madness.
Is it worth having? Im sure my friendly supplier in Hay could get me a copy.

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
?45 :shock: :shock: You can pick it up a lot less, Usual ebay madness.
Is it worth having? Im sure my friendly supplier in Hay could get me a copy.
Yes it's a very nice book :D :cool: :cool: :cool: , as are all the Bradford Bartons IMO, I usually pick these books up for around ?5, but this one seems to command a higher price unless you drop lucky ;)

28ten

Guv'nor
I have just enquired and I can get it for ?15. At the same time I asked about the Irwell book on Ilfracombe, also?15. I might go and have a look later in the week.
I could put a book corner in resources? After I finished cataloguing the whole kit I had just over 300 railway books :shock:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
I have just enquired and I can get it for ?15. At the same time I asked about the Irwell book on Ilfracombe, also?15. I might go and have a look later in the week.
I could put a book corner in resources? After I finished cataloguing the whole kit I had just over 300 railway books :shock:
Sounds like a fair price to me mate :thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I found my copy this one this morning:
With my all important Hydraulic cops of the time :lol:

[attachment=2:2wwbidoq]img108.jpg[/attachment:2wwbidoq]
[attachment=1:2wwbidoq]img107.jpg[/attachment:2wwbidoq]
[attachment=0:2wwbidoq]img109-1.jpg[/attachment:2wwbidoq]

Attachments

• img108.jpg
    img108.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 17
  • img107.jpg
    img107.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 17
  • img109-1.jpg
    img109-1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 17

28ten

Guv'nor
Good going Phill :thumbs: you did better than me. I know I saw Westerns but I dont know which ones :( Similarly I saw Warships at Reading, but I dont know the names.

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
You both did better than me... a mate of mine got me into trainspotting, but in the spring of '77... just a bit too late to see the last Westerns in BR service :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: If I was still in touch with him I still wouldn't have forgiven him...!!! :twisted: :p