Track Plan Suggestions ?

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Dan :)

I have been thinking along the lines of Mid Wales or what is now the Gloucester & Warwickshire Railway or indeed in the heart of the West Country, so I'm not fixed to any one area yet, so I'm open to ideas within the ex-GWR network :);)

Churston is an excellent example:cool: & along the lines I was thinking, but one that hadn't even occurred to me :):thumbs: .....the Westdale Bubblecar would look very much at home there.........probably a lot more at home than it would at Withercombe, although for Withercombe I have been thinking of getting a 117 center car & dummy power car to go with the 121 as I believe 121's were used as substitute driving cars on 117 sets .......although I'm wondering off my own topic here :oops::)

Phill :)
Hi Phill.

A very interesting topic/project. Would your lad rather run trains or shunt , or a bit of both?. Is he into diesel / steam etc . As ( just a thought to add to Dans thought ) is Paignton its self.

Through station but can be where trains terminate.
GWR theme.
Your stuff could run etc.
Steam or Excursions would run to/from.

Dont know if this idea is of any use mate:confused:;)

Rob:)

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Phill - I can't remember if the line to Paignton was single or double track, but Churston station with its two platforms and bay, for the Brixham branch, has always appealed to me.

Doh!, I meant to say the line Kingswear, not Paignton, though Paignton is en route and you've obviously heard of Churston! As an additional bonus, it's on a curve.

Regards

Dan

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi Phill.

Would your lad rather run trains or shunt , or a bit of both?. Is he into diesel / steam etc . As ( just a thought to add to Dans thought ) is Paignton its self.
I don't think Paignton would be suitable for the space we have Rob, but I think provision for shunting & running would be good idea :):thumbs:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Doh!, I meant to say the line Kingswear, not Paignton, though Paignton is en route and you've obviously heard of Churston! As an additional bonus, it's on a curve.
Regards

Dan
Yes Dan I know the line very well :)....we stayed in Paignton quite a few times in the 1970's, I think most of the line beyond Paignton was single track with passing loops at the major stations ?

Here's a Peak at Paignton Carriage sidings from those days :cool: .......

img158.jpg

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
I've walked down that footpath a few times to get numbers of the locos in the carriage sidigs:D. Wish my dad had took more pics during the 70's. I didnt have a camera in those days, but i remember a Western ticking over on a rake of Mk1's but cant remember which one:(

Jon Gwinnett

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

My first post on the forum - just a wee thank you to all those who enjoyed and remember Chagford, my late father's layout. Although it has yet to be installed in its new home, at the Stainmore railway in Kirkby Stephen East, I understand work is continuing to ready it for public display.

daifly

Western Thunderer
Hi all,

My first post on the forum - just a wee thank you to all those who enjoyed and remember Chagford, my late father's layout. Although it has yet to be installed in its new home, at the Stainmore railway in Kirkby Stephen East, I understand work is continuing to ready it for public display.
This was one of my favourite threads in another place. For those who haven't seen it, take a look here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/1232-chagford-br-wr-freight-twilight/

Welcome Jon.

Cheers, Dave

Jon Gwinnett

Western Thunderer
Thanks Gents. Apologies to Phill for temporarily hijacking his thread. I think all the decent photos of Chagford are on the link, but if anyone has questions I'm happy to try and answer them. Does it merit its own thread as a sort of retrospective?

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Jon and welcome to the forum.:thumbs:

Yes i would start a new thread in the layout section:thumbs:

I too have seen this over on the "other" site. TOP LAYOUT.