Un-Problems with Site

AndyB

Western Thunderer
'Scuse my hignorance, but what's the difference between "What's New?" and "Recent Posts"?

Andy

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Is the "What's New" header new? I though it had been with us since I joined! Once viewed posts don't come up on this list until there's a new posting.

The "Recent Posts" are a list in date order of posts one might have missed - at least that's how I use it.

Brian

Mike Sheardown

Western Thunderer
Sorry folks - perhaps I've got it wrong.

It's just that the 'What's New' section looked new to me, but perhaps I'd just never noticed it before ?? !!

Never mind, whatever, it still looks good and seems useful etc !!

Cheers

Mike

adrian

Flying Squad
Is the "What's New" header new?
Hi, the "What's New?" in the header across the top is not new it has been there for a while and lists all the posts that you haven't read, the "Recent Posts" is slightly different as this lists all the posts made whether you have read them or not.

I think what Mike is referring to is that if you go to the main forum page in the right hand channel underneath the members online box there is now a new box listing the top 5 "Whats new" posts. This box is new
Screen Shot 2015-10-16 at 20.26.57.png

There are quite a few other subtle improvements. Although these may not always be obvious, for example if you copied and pasted a website link in the previous version then the software would automatically make it into a clickable link for you. However now the system tries to get the title from the website and uses that for your clickable link rather than the url - hopefully making the link more readable. Try it with something like Slaters : this
Code:
https://slatersplastikard.com
will turn into this

Slater's Plastikard - Home Page

I'll let you know about the others as I find them!

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
I think what Mike is referring to is that if you go to the main forum page in the right hand channel underneath the members online box there is now a new box listing the top 5 "Whats new" posts. This box is new

Thanks Adrian.

I noted that too so probably that's what is being referred to.

BTW, this time everything has opened at an unread thread so the system seems to have stabilised.

Brian

Len Cattley

Western Thunderer
I have notice since the upgrading of the website that the YouTube post's are missing now on my Samsung Galaxy phone even now I have YouTube installed on the phone, any idea's why?