Wen oi woz in Swanage.....

phileakins

Western Thunderer
That's the Black Horse then. There's a much better picture to be had of the window of the offie opposite the station involving the actual production process - or of the results of renting beer at least! In exchange for a suitable bribe I could be tempted to post a reproduction.

Hope you enjoyed your visit, if you were here on Tuesday I was your guard.

Phil

PS For the uninitiated, the brewery is named after the local river. Why it is so named I don't know, but there is a nearby village with a much worse name. Earthy people these Dorset folk.

Wagonman

Western Thunderer
PS For the uninitiated, the brewery is named after the local river. Why it is so named I don't know, but there is a nearby village with a much worse name. Earthy people these Dorset folk.

The same river that flows through Tolpuddle, home of the Martyrs.

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
Hope you enjoyed your visit, if you were here on Tuesday I was your guard.

Phil

Hi Phil.

Actually I was on the train hauled by this

IMG_4215 - Copy.JPG

.....a very fine Standard 2-6-4T on the Wednesday before Easter. (I'd have preferred the M7 but it was a treat by my cousin who wanted to get to Swanage for lunch so it was first train or nothing, and same loco on the return). Lovely ride though.

Brian

PS - I have to admit that I slightly (!) photo-shopped the Piddling image which actually describes the Piddle as beer. Whether that's good or bad I'm unsure - may have been gnat's pee for all I know.

Last edited: