What projects do you have for 2010?

marsa69

Western Thunderer
This trip was a special one made to take a 40 to Penzance for the very first time. That was a lonnnnnng weekend :D

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
marsa69 said:
This trip was a special one made to take a 40 to Penzance for the very first time. That was a lonnnnnng weekend :D
No denial about the dress then matey or was it just a lonnnnnnng dress

Ian

marsa69

Western Thunderer
Don't do long dresses. Prefer short lil numbers. Very invigorating the breeze on your bum :shock:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
marsa69 said:
Don't do long dresses. Prefer short lil numbers. Very invigorating the breeze on your bum :shock:

Now thats an admission all the way from sunny Lincoln
just don't let the misses find out you wear her clothes when she's not in

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Ian
I quite agree Blue is the colour for all westerns :thumbs:

".... and of course Monitor will be in Blue (did they come in other colours? ;) )"

Do you have a layout to run them on ?

You say they have sound, is it Howes sound chip or SWD ?

Rob.

D1054

Western Thunderer
Hi Rob,

The garden railway is a dream away, and I don't have my own layout in O gauge, but I do have access of the Huddersfield Railway Modellers super O Gauge layout, LONGROYD BRIDGE, which was featured in the OGG Mag. We did an extensive rewiring exercise in 2009 so that we can run in both DC and DCC modes. It's a very good "end to end" layout, and is only missing a decent full circuit (but we'd need to elbow the 2mm and4mm guys out of the way for that :eek: ;) ).

Sound is currently the DCC Supplies Mr Soundguy recording (usually for 4mm) which they uplifted onto a LokSound XL for me. Not perfect, but at least I can tell what it is :) . For Monitor I've invested in the SwD chip, and although it's arrived and in a drawer awaiting attention, its not been run up on my test bed to check the sound. I might do this over this long weekend though as I've also got a couple of new speakers to try.

Attachments

• Governor - Copy.jpg
    Governor - Copy.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 36

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Thanks for posting the pics Ian :thumbs: . Governor looks great :drool: Looking forward to some pics of Monitor :thumbs:
Rob :wave:

D1054

Western Thunderer
Thanks Rob, Just that damned BR arrows - don't know what i was thinking then I stuck them on - they're clearly too small :(

Attachments

• \'s 37.jpg
    \'s 37.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 20

D1054

Western Thunderer
Hi All,

The time has come to correct those BR signs on my 52. Has anyone got any good ideas for removing the originals - they're standard water released transfers (Fox, I think), but I've matt varnished the loco's overall finish. It's only got a fine coat, but I'm nervous about what might happen here....

Has anyone had success with releasing varnish or am I down to a very gentle abrasive?

Open to suggestions, please.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi D1054, In the past to remove transfers i have used gentle abrasion with very fine wet n dry. This is a very slow process but if time is taken then you should be ok. :thumbs:

Rob :wave:

marsa69

Western Thunderer
In nooooo particular order, and with a smily to show the likely hood of it getting started let alone completed my list is as follows,

GJH Plant 'Super' GUV :oops:
PRMRP 'Shark' Plogh break :?
Slaters 24T Brake Van :)
2 x MMP 'Dogfish' :shit:
Detail a Triang Hymek :scratch:
Tart up/detail 3 x Lima Class 33 :?
Replace glazing/renumber/detail my Class 47 :?
JLTRT Class 37 (If the bank manager releases the funds) :shock:

Most of all I want to progress my layout as much as possible, thats my number 1 aim. Hopefully the impending house move will happen quickly and I can look forward to a late summer/early autumn frenzy of modelling,

regards,

Mark

D1054

Western Thunderer
Nice list Mark.... :thumbs: Very similar to mine with dogfish & shark brakes. Any chance of some pics of your 47 :drool: , and is it Heljan or kit made?

Thanks to everyone who proffered advice on the transfers :thumbs: Through a mixture of wet n dry, lighter fuel, meths and angle grinder :shock: :headbang: I've reduced my western to the wreckage below. Only took about an hour altogether, so also had time to watch a bit of footy, and add to the weathering. Not too bad, and looks better in natural light.

Thanks again to all - gave me the confidence to have a crack at it. Cheers lads :thumbs:

Attachments

• Corrected BR sign0001.jpg
    Corrected BR sign0001.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 24

28ten

Guv'nor
I have a couple of MMP catfish in the 2012 todo pile, compared to the tanker they are a walk in the park, the last one only took a month or so :D

marsa69

Western Thunderer
P1000451-1.jpg

It's a Post War Prototype (builder unknown) model I bought it 2nd hand for ?300 off an RMwebber. Not sure if I paid over the odds :? Its a nice model but I would like to give my own touch to it. For starters a re-number is in question and the headcodes needs painting over with the old domino look. Then it needs a darn good running in, but that'll have to wait until iploffy gets off his backside and gets his layout finished :twisted: Theres not a lot in the way of clubs in Lincoln. The major problem I have with it is that the glazing strips in the cabs have come loose/ are coming loose and there is no way to get in there to either fix it or replace it. I've looked underneath but the cab is sealed. I was sorely tempted to flog it on the bay of flea and put the money towards something else, like my JLTRT 37, a 25 or a DMU but I've grown attached to it. How I'm going to get round the problem of the glazing I don't know. The extreme option is to find an uber-modeller who can dismantle it right down an dthen rebuild it for me. But as do that I might as well buy another kit.

All suggestions welcome,

Mark

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Mark, if the cab interiors similar are to my PWP Western they should be separate units which will de-solder or un-glue from the bodyshell with care ;)

Phill