Woodworking tools: help for my harpsichord

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Hello,

Off the wall, this one, but I'm hoping that some kind WT member may be of assistance.

My last great musical project is to restore a harpsichord. I have got it back into good playing condition, and now want to upgrade the keyboard. I need to cut some ebony for the bottom part of the 'sharps' - the top part will be elforyn ivory - and ebony slabs for the flats.

I need access to a band saw with a fairly fine wood blade and fence, and need to spend the better part of a day cutting umpteen pices - 22 sharp blanks and 32 flat slabs.

Is there anyone who lives in striking distance of the Severn Valley Railway who has a bandsaw (a planer/thicknesser would be useful too, but not necessary) and who would be prepared to let me spend a day using it. I would also say that I am experienced in using such tools, I just don't want to buy one for this one task.

Thank you in advance.

Richard

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Richard
I have a bandsaw with a range of blades and thicknesser (and a couple of other saws) which you would be welcome to use but they are a long way from the Severn Valley Railway and the airfare would be more than the cost of the machines, to say nothing of the time, so not very helpful to you.

Hopefully someone closer has a bandsaw.