York laser cutters

28ten

Guv'nor
Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""iploffy"":x6zxpn44]Phill can i ask you a question about the side detail you left on the coach I know you said the gutter and window frames where left untouched but there is another raised strip under the gutter did you remove this as well.

Ian
Yes Ian I removed all the side detail apart from the gutter & window frames ;) , I gradually scraped it all away with a round 'Swan Morton' blade (very slowly & carefully especially near the window frames)
Phill :wave:[/quote:x6zxpn44]would etched window frames be an idea???

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""iploffy"":hrc46y6l]Phill can i ask you a question about the side detail you left on the coach I know you said the gutter and window frames where left untouched but there is another raised strip under the gutter did you remove this as well.

Ian
Yes Ian I removed all the side detail apart from the gutter & window frames ;) , I gradually scraped it all away with a round 'Swan Morton' blade (very slowly & carefully especially near the window frames)
Phill :wave:[/quote:hrc46y6l]

Yes this does take a lot of time and patients, but well worth the effort. :thumbs:
Phill, did you re-wheel your bogies with easybuild 3' ?

Rob :wave:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Cynric, i suppose etch window frames would be an idea, but it depends on cost as you would be talking of approx 18 window frames per coach :eek:

Rob

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Up to the builders really, but bear in mind that these coaches are a little over-scale in length & intended as a budget project, If you spend too much time & money on them you might be better going for Westdale or JLTRT mk11 kits :scratch:

Phill :wave:

28ten

Guv'nor
lancer1027 said:
Hi Cynric, i suppose etch window frames would be an idea, but it depends on cost as you would be talking of approx 18 window frames per coach :eek:

Rob
the cost depends on the overall quantity.

Phill, good point it could end up like the 'irishmans broom' :laugh: :laugh:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Thats the point when run in a rake of coaches it wont make much difference so long as they look the part if you mix and match them with things like JLTRT you will see the difference. like mixing a heljan with a JLTRT.

Ian

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
You know I have just had a thought depending on how much it would cost to have the windows etched it would again save time as all of the detail on the sides of the coach could then be removed. If you saw the Mk2 on JLTRT stand at Telford it was priced at ?185 per kit considering that my Big Big coaches only cost me ?10 each and the outlay on parts so far has been ?12 on wheels per coach and ?30 on materials (thats to do 8 coaches and others in my stud), I cannot see any reason why if the windows and doors are not prohibitive in cost why we should not have the etchings made all it would then take is the replacing of the guttering and vola a coach (albeit slightly too long). As the widows would be an etching the glazing would be a flat piece of perspex easy to cut.

Cynric if I gave you a coach could you do the honors

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
iploffy said:
You know I have just had a thought depending on how much it would cost to have the windows etched it would again save time as all of the detail on the sides of the coach could then be removed. If you saw the Mk2 on JLTRT stand at Telford it was priced at ?185 per kit considering that my Big Big coaches only cost me ?10 each and the outlay on parts so far has been ?12 on wheels per coach and ?30 on materials (thats to do 8 coaches and others in my stud), I cannot see any reason why if the windows and doors are not prohibitive in cost why we should not have the etchings made all it would then take is the replacing of the guttering and vola a coach (albeit slightly too long). As the widows would be an etching the glazing would be a flat piece of perspex easy to cut.

Cynric if I gave you a coach could you do the honors

Ian
What size roughly are the doors and windows? I can then work out the area and a cost

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Doors approx 15mmx42mm 6 off per coach
windows approx 23mmx37mm 16 per coach
2 small windows 23mmx18mm for toilets
small insert 5mmx8mm in toilet window representing ventilators

Cheers mate

Ian

28ten

Guv'nor
Quick calculation shows that with a little adjustment it will fit on a standard sheet, so how many coaches are we looking at ? I reckon the cost will be somewhere between ?15 & ?20 per coach in 10 thou, the more sheets the closer to ?15 it gets!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 38

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Cynric I have been in touch with Lancer and it looks like the windows and door etching is what we want can you PM me your address and I will sent you a toilet window with the insert, a bodyside window, a door, and a section of the bodyside where the door fits. I am also sending you an easybuild window etch as a guide (they have half etched the rear as a guide to lining them up to the bodyside.

Cynric thank you for undertaking this task I know you are busy enough already

Ian

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
A parcel is winging it's way to you containing bits of a sawn up coach including large body side window, small toilet window, an etched Easybuild window, the Door opening and a door. Cheers

Ian

D1054

Western Thunderer
Ian,  just read your email and made me think of Ventrilo which my kids use for free whilst using Warcraft and other PC games.....  No reason why we couldn't log into our own Western Thunder voicemail/chatroom/thingy for those who have speakers and mics???

What do you think, boss?  we seem to have a few online most of the time these days. Chatting online would be a good addition maybe?

Ian.