Zoom Workshop

paratom

Western Thunderer
I will be using Zoom which can be used on Macs and PCs and will publish the link on Friday. Don't feel you have to tidy up your workrooms, they say something about the modeller.

michael080

Western Thunderer
Morning all,
I've seen many responses where folks proposed to present something from their workshops. Can I join the meeting if I don't have anything presentable on my desk?

Looks like the virus opens opportunities for overseas member that didn't exist before, :D

Michael

paratom

Western Thunderer
OK here is the link, I will be online from 10.50 so feel free to check to see if you get through and that will give me time to sort out any technical issues before 11am.

Thomas Clarke is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Workshops
Time: Sep 12, 2020 11:00 AM London

Join Zoom Meeting
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Meeting ID: 780 2582 0792
Passcode: F8UQR9

Last edited:

paratom

Western Thunderer
Morning all,
I've seen many responses where folks proposed to present something from their workshops. Can I join the meeting if I don't have anything presentable on my desk?

Looks like the virus opens opportunities for overseas member that didn't exist before, :D

Michael
Yes you can.

paratom

Western Thunderer
With the free version I am limited to 40 minutes so here is a link to the 11.30 meeting if we run out of time.
Thomas Clarke is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: My Meeting
Time: Sep 12, 2020 11:30 AM Greenwich Mean Time

Join Zoom Meeting
Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Meeting ID: 787 4544 2725
Passcode: 5EnVzD

paratom

Western Thunderer
Is it possible to join without downloading the Zoom app?

atb
Simon
A Zoom account is not required if you are strictly joining Zoom Meetings as a participant. If someone invites you to their meeting, you can join as a participant without creating an account. ... A Zoom account is only required if you need to create your own meetings and send invitations to participants.

adrian

Flying Squad
Is it possible to join without downloading the Zoom app?

atb
Simon
Is this for a phone or a laptop? Not too sure about the phone side but on the laptop there should be a link to "web browser version". Obviously they want you to download the app so the link to the "web browser" access is usually in a small link and hard to find.

paratom

Western Thunderer
Is this for a phone or a laptop? Not too sure about the phone side but on the laptop there should be a link to "web browser version". Obviously they want you to download the app so the link to the "web browser" access is usually in a small link and hard to find.
Click on the link and it should take you to the zoom website where you add the invitation.

ianlbsc

Western Thunderer
Thanks for setting that up, I have to be elsewhere but first hour was most informative and interesting, Cheers Ian