82G Templecombe Road Shed

Scanlon

Western Thunderer
Paul,
All my Maunsell moguls have detail differences, the two N's show right-hand and left-hand drives examples plus original and rebuilt frames. The U is one of the few built new and fitted with 3500 gallon tenders. The rebuilt Rivers also ran with the smaller tender but the cab is different and as yet no one makes an appropriate kit. The U1 is a right mix, it started life as an Ace N1 - yes those kits - but modified with 6ft wheels and a 4000 gallon tender. Since then it has been substantially rebuilt with David Andrews U class frames, boiler, firebox and fittings, the valve gear has been entirely replaced using parts from Sans Pareil. Their W class kit had sufficient parts to make up a complete set of the appropriate side rods, connecting rods and all the valve gear. The K is also from the Ace stable and until someone brings out a decent kit it has to do.:rolleyes:

Here are a couple more shots
090119 (11).JPG
090119 (3).JPG
Roger

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Roger, I'm late to the game but was very interested in your earlier photos of the Southern moguls - superb collection. Are the N Class built from David Andrews kits by any chance? Any build tips you'd care to pass on??

Scanlon

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris,
The N and U class moguls are from David Andrews. Easy to build but now the kits are scarce. In my to do pile are two more U's, just can't have too many Southern Moguls.
Regards
Roger

Pencarrow

Western Thunderer
Hi Chris,
The N and U class moguls are from David Andrews. Easy to build but now the kits are scarce. In my to do pile are two more U's, just can't have too many Southern Moguls.
Regards
Roger

Thanks Roger. Thankfully I managed to place an order for an N Class in the last production run. It's in the to do pile. An N is an absolute necessity for the North Cornwall Railway...

John Ross

Western Thunderer
Don't know how I missed this thread, but now I have caught up its an impressive range of models in a first rate setting. Hopefully will catch up with in the "real world" at some point.