A GWR Bracket Signal

Thirtysecond

Western Thunderer
Thought some of you might be interested in this G3 bracket signal put together by Peter Insole and myself a fewjunc comp.jpg IMG_1399.JPG years ago as a demo of what could be done with TME signal castings. It is illuminated (as you see) and connected to an MSE lever frame for demo purposes.

TME produce some beautiful GWR signal parts suitable for G3. Just wondering if anybody else has used them on a G3 layout or track.

Mike W

Western Thunderer
That's interesting. I've never heard of them. Were they ever advertised in Gauge 3 circles?

Mike

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
They are a couple of inspiring photos. Thanks very much for showing them. It is very good to see such modelling in G3.

My particular interest will require models of Railway Signal Co apparatus rather than GWR, unfortunately, but they do indeed set a standard.

Thought some of you might be interested in this G3 bracket signal put together by Peter Insole and myself a fewView attachment 57374 View attachment 57375 years ago as a demo of what could be done with TME signal castings. It is illuminated (as you see) and connected to an MSE lever frame for demo purposes.

TME produce some beautiful GWR signal parts suitable for G3. Just wondering if anybody else has used them on a G3 layout or track.

Wow, that is gorgeous!. I don't currently have a G3 layout but am seriously tempted to now build one having seen this beautiful signal.
I've had a quick search around but can't seem to find a link to the supplier, could you forward me the link please?

Would love to see a few more photographs of it as well :)

Best

G

Simon

Flying Squad
I don't believe that Chris and Sandra (TME) has a website, their contact number is 01284 72864.

I have some of his locomotive and tail lamps plus some Southern discs. He is very talented indeed.

Simon

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Wonderful :thumbs:, I have no use for a G3 signal per se, but am interested in so much as it looks a lovely model in it's own right.

It's the modelling aspect more than the scale or subject matter that is appealing.

Mick D

I don't believe that Chris and Sandra (TME) has a website, their contact number is 01284 72864.

I have some of his locomotive and tail lamps plus some Southern discs. He is very talented indeed.

Simon

Thank you Simon! I'll give them a call and see what they have.

G

Thirtysecond

Western Thunderer
Chris of TME is currently up to his eyes in King Arthurs, foolishly building 25 of them. He is out of stock of the GWR signal kits but the patterns and CADs for etches are available. He tells me that if there is sufficient demand he may do a re-run of the etches and castings but it won't be until next year. The signal kit made up into a single arm tubular post and came with options on ladder (platform, non-platform) and arms (late, early and distant). They are illuminated, the old kits came with workable lamps, bulbs, filters the lot! See below
IMG_4038.jpgIMG_4039.JPGIMG_4040.jpg

With a few extra castings and some Brass tube it was relatively easy to knock up a double signal:

look up back.JPG look up.JPG

Having done those three I enlisted Peter Insole's help to produce the bracket demo, and the following result you have already seen. However I found these shots against the sky which I think shows it off to greater advantage.

IMG_4102.jpg IMG_4107.JPG

Let me know if interested in a future run and I'll keep a tally. The price of the old kits was around £55 but in smaller quantities and with today's material prices they will undoubtedly be more in future.

cbrailways

Western Thunderer
Well I used to be a NR Signal Maintenance Engineer on the Western area and one thing I can tell you is that those signals are 100% like the full size originals. Well done. Put me down for a bracket signal (which I will keep on my workbench as a reminder of happier days) :)

Thirtysecond

Western Thunderer
I'll post back here next year when or if Chris gets some more castings and etches done. It's unlikely that he'll want to do full kits but the sourcing of tube, bulbs and spectacle filter material should not be difficult.