Aldeburgh Harbour, A Suffolk branch, Gauge 3 indoors.

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
Just had an email from the Cameo Competition people. Aldeburgh Harbour made the long list of 22, but not the final shortlist. Just as well really, as I'd forgotten about the competition and started rebuilding bits of the layout.
I wasn't surprised with the result, having seen some of the other layouts on this site, good luck to the finalists!

chicofrank

Luverly. Moving up from 4mm and my first senior layout. Can I get plans for typical 7mm railway buildings around the Lowestoft/Aldeburgh area on the east coast.

Neil

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
I'm not aware of any drawings of station buildings in the Lowestoft/Aldeburgh area, though a 7mm layout in, I think, Railway Modeller, was obviously based on Aldeburgh. You may need to resort to counting bricks on suitable photos. The GER Society has published drawings of the '1865' designs.

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I'm not aware of any drawings of station buildings in the Lowestoft/Aldeburgh area, though a 7mm layout in, I think, Railway Modeller, was obviously based on Aldeburgh. You may need to resort to counting bricks on suitable photos. The GER Society has published drawings of the '1865' designs.
I'm not sure how accurate the GER drawings are. I've certainly found anomalies. One thing I've noticed is that some of the stations used a non standard larger than normal brick size. I'm going to do a measure up of a couple of remaining 1865 designs very soon.