Are We There Yet?

Discussion in 'Forum Information and Issues' started by 28ten, 15 October 2011.

1. Jordan

Jordan Mid-Western Thunderer

I thought that, too... it'd be a good indicator of how many members are active here, although I'm not sure if that would take into account those (I assume there are some) who just read the threads and don't actively participate.

My avatar has uploaded a bit larger than before, cutting off his Top Hat. I tried the cropping option but leaving just the words "I want YOU" visible seemed a rather bad idea, knowing some of the members here.... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

2. Old Buffer

Old Buffer Western Thunderer

Managed it, am going to have a look around now. Just the 1 query, we have lost most of the smilies:rant:, the only
    one with a decent colour is this :D, (just for Jordan:p)
    Alan

3. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

I know, im looking for some replacements :)

4. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

You would be surprised, i'll have to wait for the Google analytics to do its stuff, but there has been quite a bit of activity.

5. Neil

Neil Western Thunderer

All looks very fine from here; apart obviously from Pugsley's suit.

6. Dan Randall

Dan Randall Western Thunderer

I'm here too chaps - well done Cynric.

Err, who's the bloke in your avatar Pugs?

Regards

Dan

7. 3 LINK

3 LINK Western Thunderer

Well I finally made it thanks to Cynric ;), cheers mate. It was a close run thing the computer nearly left the building by the closest exit, namely first floor study window :eek: so thanks to you mate, the computer lives for another day. :D

ATB, Martyn. P.S. Cynric, I am sure I speak for everyone on here when I say thanks for all your time and effort you are putting in at the moment.

8. Old Buffer

Just a general query guv but, why is it showing 2 avatars at the side of my name? What have I done wrong? Don't forget I am a complete numpty with computors.
    Alan

9. 3 LINK

3 LINK Western Thunderer

I can only see one lot of rusty buffers if that helps, how many pints you had tonight Alan :rolleyes:.

ATB, Martyn.

10. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

I can only see one.
    Capture.JPG

what browser are you using ?

11. Old Buffer

I clicked on the browse button at the side of the avatar, then went to where I'd saved the avatar and uploaded it. I will delete it all and try again. Hope it works.
    Alan

12. Yes.
    He even read out a letter from me.

13. D816Foxhound

D816Foxhound Western Thunderer

I've finally moved over, though it wasn't a totally painless experience. For some reason I had full access without going through the password change procedure. Then when I changed my password, the new system would not accept the new password that was e-mailed to me. So I typed in my old password and that worked.

I'm not a great fan of computers, but I've entered into the spirit of things and even added an avatar thingy. For all you 1000 admirers it's D1053 Western Patriarch setting back onto a rake of Presflo cement wagons in Truro yard on 3rd September 1976.

Roger

14. Old Buffer

The 3 postings I've done in the gallery today showed 2 piccy's of the buffers after I'd finished, but the older ones only show 1 piccy, am I getting paranoid, or just being dumb.
    Alan

15. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Are you resizing your browser window? it does seem to leave a doppelgänger sometimes. I wouldnt worry too much it looks ok this end.

16. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

There are some oddities :confused: but considering that the whole database has been through 3 convertors it isn't surprising :)
    I have been asked to document the process as nobody else has managed to transfer attachments over, mind you it wasnt the most relaxing process :)

17. Jordan

Jordan Mid-Western Thunderer

I was under the impression all PM's were to be lost..? I now have 8 pages-worth of every Conversation I've had (and thought I'd deleted) on Western Thunder...:oops:

Steady on, Alan!! It's Colonel Iploffy (or whatever Rank he's decided he is today) who's Officer Commanding Blue Squadron...
    Though I am partial to British Diesels being of the Blue persuasion, my all-time favourite colour scheme is White & Red.... allow me to demonstrate with a Gratitous Picture....

SooNew6.jpg

Pugsley likes this.
  18. 28ten

28ten Guv'nor

Yes, I cleverly kept all the pm's and you cant delete them :headbang: I have filed that as a feature request.
    when the import was done It showed as the whole lot being unread, which was even worse as you had the alert showing 550 or however many you had in your inbox and the only way to clear it was to individually go through the whole lot and 'leave conversation' . fortunately I managed to write an sql query that took care of all that :cool:

19. Phill Dyson

Phill Dyson Western Thunderer

& what an avatar Roger :cool::cool::cool:

20. Ressaldar

Ressaldar Western Thunderer

are the email notifications working? - I don't seem to be notified of thread updates

cheers

Mike