Are We There Yet?

28ten

Guv'nor
I thought that, too... it'd be a good indicator of how many members are active here, although I'm not sure if that would take into account those (I assume there are some) who just read the threads and don't actively participate.

My avatar has uploaded a bit larger than before, cutting off his Top Hat. I tried the cropping option but leaving just the words "I want YOU" visible seemed a rather bad idea, knowing some of the members here.... :eek: :rolleyes: :p

You would be surprised, i'll have to wait for the Google analytics to do its stuff, but there has been quite a bit of activity.

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
Well I finally made it thanks to Cynric ;), cheers mate. It was a close run thing the computer nearly left the building by the closest exit, namely first floor study window :eek: so thanks to you mate, the computer lives for another day. :D

ATB, Martyn. P.S. Cynric, I am sure I speak for everyone on here when I say thanks for all your time and effort you are putting in at the moment.

Old Buffer

Western Thunderer
Just a general query guv but, why is it showing 2 avatars at the side of my name? What have I done wrong? Don't forget I am a complete numpty with computors.
Alan

3 LINK

Western Thunderer
I can only see one lot of rusty buffers if that helps, how many pints you had tonight Alan :rolleyes:.

ATB, Martyn.

D816Foxhound

Western Thunderer
I've finally moved over, though it wasn't a totally painless experience. For some reason I had full access without going through the password change procedure. Then when I changed my password, the new system would not accept the new password that was e-mailed to me. So I typed in my old password and that worked.

I'm not a great fan of computers, but I've entered into the spirit of things and even added an avatar thingy. For all you 1000 admirers it's D1053 Western Patriarch setting back onto a rake of Presflo cement wagons in Truro yard on 3rd September 1976.

Roger

28ten

Guv'nor
The 3 postings I've done in the gallery today showed 2 piccy's of the buffers after I'd finished, but the older ones only show 1 piccy, am I getting paranoid, or just being dumb.
Alan
Are you resizing your browser window? it does seem to leave a doppelgänger sometimes. I wouldnt worry too much it looks ok this end.

28ten

Guv'nor
I've finally moved over, though it wasn't a totally painless experience. For some reason I had full access without going through the password change procedure. Then when I changed my password, the new system would not accept the new password that was e-mailed to me. So I typed in my old password and that worked.

I'm not a great fan of computers, but I've entered into the spirit of things and even added an avatar thingy. For all you 1000 admirers it's D1053 Western Patriarch setting back onto a rake of Presflo cement wagons in Truro yard on 3rd September 1976.

Roger
There are some oddities :confused: but considering that the whole database has been through 3 convertors it isn't surprising :)
I have been asked to document the process as nobody else has managed to transfer attachments over, mind you it wasnt the most relaxing process :)

28ten

Guv'nor
Yes, I cleverly kept all the pm's and you cant delete them :headbang: I have filed that as a feature request.
when the import was done It showed as the whole lot being unread, which was even worse as you had the alert showing 550 or however many you had in your inbox and the only way to clear it was to individually go through the whole lot and 'leave conversation' . fortunately I managed to write an sql query that took care of all that :cool:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer

Roger

& what an avatar Roger :cool::cool::cool:

Admin

Chief Inspector
Mike, I turned them off by default to save a deluge of junk! You can turn it on in notification preferences or just use the alerts in the top right corner

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
thanks for the update. I had been using the 'alerts' as part of the familiarisation - getting there slowly.

cheers

Mike

Rifter

Well done;) looking good , as this computor never dose what it's told :headbang:[mmm mybe it's the operators fault ] you must have done a good job .

John ...