Website Belgian Steelworks 1:87 - return visit

mickoo

Western Thunderer
Just brilliant, always liked Benelux steel industries, I'm looking forward to loosing myself tomorrow in all that lot.

I strive to work to the 'less is more rule' but here 'more is more' works really well.

MD

steve1

Western Thunderer
Gordon Bennett! That is impressive.

I particularly liked the ropey Citroen Dyane in the garage. :)

Thanks for sharing Neil, now bookmarked!

steve

Osgood

Western Thunderer
So much inspiration there - I particularly like the 'sectioned' buildings, especially the way the gantry crane is dealt with!

Thanks.

AJC

Western Thunderer
More gobsmacking. The car is the only negative, for me. Everything else looks real.
IMGP2038

The silver one on the right? I wonder how much that's a depth of field thing or the pale colour drawing unwonted attention to it? The Citroen on the left looks spot on, in contrast. The workshop interior seems a tad overlit to me, but that's picking unnecessarily. It's work of the highest order.

Adam

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
Finding this thread on the 27th anniversary of the last cast at the iron foundry where I served my time was quite thought provoking.
Fantastic model and whilst a rail served steelworks is different to a 'no longer' rail served ironworks the detail present in the pure fabric of the site is spot on; trunking, pipe runs, overhead steels, ducting.... luvverly.
Drafting table nailed it for me too - I only spent a very limited time at one but remember the room full of them at work and also fleeting glimpses of them looking into the windows of long gone factories on my rail journey to work.

Rob R

Western Thunderer
For those of us that dabble with 3D printing a lot of the Belgian Steelworks stuff to be found in the above link is freely available on Thingiverse
Steelworks Rolling Stock
I have had a play with the little Whitcombe 35T loco and it seems to be a good quality file.

Ian N

Time for another visit to Belgium I feel, though the scale of it is impressive (actually I'm not sure impressive is sufficient) it's the quiet decay of scenes like this that blow off my socks.
Thanks for sharing. Absolutely stunning modelling. After a very quick look at pages at random, I'm off to lay down. A more leisurely appreciation will come soon enough. The big question is, having decided to make the model, where do you start?