Best wishes for the New Year and our thanks at this poignant time.

adrian

Flying Squad
January 1st 2014 marks exactly one year since the sudden & tragic death, at the age of 47, of Western Thunder's Founder, Cynric Williams (28ten).

As the Admin Team, we would like to thank everyone for their continued support over the last year.

The Forum is attracting new members regularly, often from word-of-mouth recommendation.
The content & modelling demonstrated here continues to be both diverse and inspiring, and as a team we can think of no more fitting tribute to the memory of Cynric than that this should continue.

In commemoration of “The Guv” maybe we could all endeavour to either try something new in our modelling or resurrect a shelf queen for the New Year, and if you decide to post a thread about it we would be delighted to see it.

Thank you everyone for making the forum what it is and a lasting tribute to Cynric.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
January 1st 2014 marks exactly one year since the sudden & tragic death, at the age of 47, of Western Thunder's Founder, Cynric Williams (28ten).

As the Admin Team, we would like to thank everyone for their continued support over the last year.

The Forum is attracting new members regularly, often from word-of-mouth recommendation.
The content & modelling demonstrated here continues to be both diverse and inspiring, and as a team we can think of no more fitting tribute to the memory of Cynric than that this should continue.

In commemoration of “The Guv” maybe we could all endeavour to either try something new in our modelling or resurrect a shelf queen for the New Year, and if you decide to post a thread about it we would be delighted to see it.

Thank you everyone for making the forum what it is and a lasting tribute to Cynric.
Here, here!

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Many thanks to Adrian and all of the Admin backroom team for their thoughts and best wishes and long may WT continue in the way that The Guv was guiding us.

The idea of 'Shelf Queen' and even 'Scatter Gun' modelling is a very fitting way of thinking of the Guv and indeed WT as a whole.

All best wishes for the New Year to you all

regards

Mike

S

SteveO

An excellent memorial suggestion (to try something new) and I think it would have been fully supported by Cynric. RIP.

dibateg

Western Thunderer
Good to remember Cynric on this day, a great tribute to him Adrian, fittingly I've spent the whole day modelling..

Wishing a great New Year to everyone.

Tony

Having read Adrian's words I would also like to echo his thoughts, as well as wishing all WT-ers good wishes for 2014.

However,Adrian's paragraphs have also brought me to wonder how this site which I, and many others, obviously 'feel a part' of pays for the various costs which must be involved. I have a not seen any mention of such mundane matters as with many other places. However, I wonder if we all ought to make some small donation - even if only as a token to recognise our support, enjoyment and indebtedness to the 'Admin' folks who run it. Perhaps I'm completely 'off beam; here - if so, my apologies for raising this.

Chris Wainwright

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
From a long standing members point of view i think WT has grown . It has and for a while now some very tallented modellers of which many and im included into this catagory aspire to.

I also think that generally we all get on and "play nicely" which was what Cynric wanted.
The admin ( Flying Squad ) have a very " togetherness " which is IMHO what is needed to keep a healthy forum running.

The forum provides a wide range of modelling skills on all aspects of railway modelling in most scales. There are many members only too pleased to help with information/ advice and in some cases constructive critisism.
This is all helpful to any modeller.

The members list has grown and seems to be very healthy ( i just hope that new members post stuff and not just view from a distance ). This is where new friends can be made. (we all have similar interests ).

I hope i haven't trodden on anyones toes or upset anyone ( if i have i oppologise ) by commenting on this its just it seemed appropriate time to voice my thoughts on what is to me an important part of my hobby.

Right im going now before i bore the :shit: out of everyone.

Toodle Pip

Rob:)

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
From a long standing members point of view i think WT has grown . It has and for a while now some very tallented modellers of which many and im included into this catagory aspire to.

I also think that generally we all get on and "play nicely" which was what Cynric wanted.
The admin ( Flying Squad ) have a very " togetherness " which is IMHO what is needed to keep a healthy forum running.

The forum provides a wide range of modelling skills on all aspects of railway modelling in most scales. There are many members only too pleased to help with information/ advice and in some cases constructive critisism.
This is all helpful to any modeller.

The members list has grown and seems to be very healthy ( i just hope that new members post stuff and not just view from a distance ). This is where new friends can be made. (we all have similar interests ).

I hope i haven't trodden on anyones toes or upset anyone ( if i have i oppologise ) by commenting on this its just it seemed appropriate time to voice my thoughts on what is to me an important part of my hobby.

Right im going now before i bore the :shit: out of everyone.

Toodle Pip

Rob:)
too late:)):)):)):))

Debs.

Western Thunderer
Cynric sent me several kind and supportive messages when I joined the forum; I really miss his humourous and interesting posts, but can it really be a year since he left us?!?!?
My thoughts have been with his dear-family and friends on an all too sad anniversary.