7mm , Blackney, A Glimpse of the Forest

paulc

Western Thunderer
Chris you forgot, getting it arse backwards by looking at photos then fitting same way as photo with wagon upside down, cylinder etc all in wrong place.
Been there , got the tee shirt . Its called a learning experience Peter , trouble is i never seem to learn so have way too many shirts .
Cheers Paul

Alan

Western Thunderer
Thought I'd have a go at the undergrowth at the right hand side of the layout near the short siding and the end of the platform. Since the line has been stopped before the tunnel and there is a good chance the line might be closed in a year or two, not much has been done to keep the encroaching undergrowth down. So I decided to add some shrubs and saplings to the ground at the end of the platform and the little ridge between the siding and the old "main" line.

Yes and Drake senior and Junior are still talking about Blakeney's game with Minsterworth and their young Goalie A Davies.

Alan

Western Thunderer
1499023458_undergrowth3.jpg.7e9f87aed47f5f50490b6661dced0cc7.jpg

paulc

Western Thunderer
Thought I'd have a go at the undergrowth at the right hand side of the layout near the short siding and the end of the platform. Since the line has been stopped before the tunnel and there is a good chance the line might be closed in a year or two, not much has been done to keep the encroaching undergrowth down. So I decided to add some shrubs and saplings to the ground at the end of the platform and the little ridge between the siding and the old "main" line.

Yes and Drake senior and Junior are still talking about Blakeney's game with Minsterworth and their young Goalie A Davies.

Hi Alan , do you remember who manufactured the push bike kit . That one looks most realistic .
Cheers Paul

BrushType4

Western Thunderer
I used EZ Line for these wires. The trick is not to stretch it between the insulators but let it hang. Top two pairs of wires are too tight whilst the bottom pair has a better sag.

View attachment 142311

View attachment 142312
Hi really like that diorama. I was looking at telegraph posts while out driving today and was wondering if 3D printed parts would be useful to make up posts. The EZ wire settles it for, I’m going to try.

Last edited:

Alan

Western Thunderer
Mojo is in full swing at the moment. I decided that the siding leading to the colliery and furniture makers should be gated rather like the Sling Branch, so I decided to make a gate similar to the one at the Milkwall end of the Sling Branch, and just like tha one in the period modelled it will be left open although it is hinged. It will be placed on the tree side of the branch siding and will be slightly overgown in the open position. As I've said before nothing looks more like wood than wood so it was made out of the scap balsa I had lying about.

It was first painted white as I assume the original was and then washed with a light brown and grey. When that was dry it was dry brushed with Tamiya Deck Tan. I do like the way the grain has been highlighted. Tomorrow it will be planted on the layout. The photo was taken in front of the moveable fiddleyard back scene.