7mm , Blackney, A Glimpse of the Forest

Alan

Western Thunderer
Fitted the mesh behind the cockpit steps toady will post photos (directly on here tomorrow.

Alan

Western Thunderer
Decided to take some snaps tonight.

mesh 1a F.jpg

The mesh came from Hannants in fairly nearby Lowestoft as suggested by Yorkshire Dave. I also had a delivery today from Modelu some seated passengers a couple to put in the railcar and a couple in the coach and three drivers for the railcar and D9502. when i gat round to priming and painting I'll put some photos up.

Mesh 2 F.jpg

Looking at photos in the new Class14 book, where it is possible to see the mesh it often looks as if it has had a good kicking.

Mike Garwood

Western Thunderer
I did a 4 mm etch to replace the middle steps on this model. It was quite a number of small etches and could really singe your fingers. Love the weathering you've done.

Mike

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
I did a 4 mm etch to replace the middle steps on this model. It was quite a number of small etches and could really singe your fingers. Love the weathering you've done.

Mike
A 4mm etch? As in 4mm scale? So it would be for the Heljan model, then. :thumbs:

Alan

Western Thunderer
Last week I had a parcel from Modelu Some loco drivers (diesel) and some passengers.

After taking off the printing supports they washed with warm soapy water and then primed.

people primed 1 F.jpg

The way I paint figures seems to be the opposite of most. First I paint the outer clothing. By the way the 2 fully painted figures I've had for some time.

half painted 2 F.jpg

Because i use acrylics drying time is very quick so I was fairly quickly able to finish the painting. I may look cloer later. By the way I.m not a great beleiver in detailing faces. To me seeing white eyes and brown/blue irises looks unrealistic as we are looking at the figures froma t least a scale 8o foot if not further and when I'm outing walking ai cannot tell the colour of someones eyes from 40 ft let alone 80.

painted 3 F.jpg

The observant of you may have noticed that two of the drivers have the same colour hair, uniform ties etc. They will be put I haope at either end of the rail-car.

Yorkshire Dave

Western Thunderer
Because i use acrylics drying time is very quick so I was fairly quickly able to finish the painting. I may look cloer later. By the way I.m not a great beleiver in detailing faces. To me seeing white eyes and brown/blue irises looks unrealistic as we are looking at the figures froma t least a scale 8o foot if not further and when I'm outing walking ai cannot tell the colour of someones eyes from 40 ft let alone 80.

I use a mid to pale brown wash on faces and skin to accentuate the shadows and detail.
DSCF3281.jpg
DSCF3617.jpg

Alan

Western Thunderer
After much effort!!!! I managed to get the cab off. In fact I had to take the extra screws out therefore enabling the floor of the cab to rise and therefore get the cab clear of the rest of the body. The reason the leads to the cab lights were too short, and they run underneath the cab floor and the light is in the roof of the cab. Anyway was it all worth it, I'm not so sure. You make your mind up. Yes there is someone, two, hopefully, in there but are not that obvious. Mind you that is I suppose is similar to may of the prototype photos I've looked at. By the way the bent hand rail has been straightened.

driver installed 2.jpg

crew installed.jpg