Blimey.

Simon

Flying Squad
Yikes!

Withered Arm or no, I'd love to see one of those running round my line - fantastic models of a great prototype:thumbs:

Simon

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Yes they are lovely........always wanted an A4 ever since I was kid(I used to drool over the Wrenn ones,but they were beyond my paper round money :( ) ...........Mmmmmm Garter blue without the full valances would be nice or BR green..........one day ;)

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
I was lucky enough to see a 'Hush Hush' that somebody had brought along to Roy Jackson's gaff in the summer. It's an impressive model to be sure, but it also struck me how truly fantastic it must have looked in the '30s - pretty futuristic I'd think, far more impressive IMHO than an A4

John D

Western Thunderer
Not a bad price considering

and extremely good value

Sorry chaps, nice though it no doubt is (better had it been a Lizzie) , to us peasant types in these recessed times it comes into the category of bl***y expensive, but I guess there is still the money out there ;)

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
I will have one in BR Blue and One in BR Green not bad for 8K£`s, Ooooh I forgot those days are over, easy access to the bank managers money to free spend and think about it later. In that case I will have to drool like every body else.
Very nice, what happens when he produceds his 1/43rd DELTIC in 1/32nd?
Why does money have to get in the way of things that you desire?
Cheers
Mr TV

D1054

Western Thunderer
If Fred Phipps produces a Western in 1/32 i think i would be very tempted:D

Rob
I think you and me both!:)

These Loveless machines are lovely though.....

As for the Hush Hush, that's a super engine too, but I think MC's comments might have been reversed if it was the A4 that was unique, and a fleet of 34 Hushies roamed the east coast route? The A4's a great design, and beautifully recreated here...... just need a nice lottery win!

I like the valances removed so we can see Walschaerts best in action............magic!

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
And how would Chez Marks react to a brace of Bucks in (Ultramarine) blue? :) or :(

Difficult to say; I'd like to think I'd wish them well and be on my way. For me the fun is in the build. If I had a garden run I could be tempted - maybe.

The streak is pretty impressive though, for a Gresley loco...

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
I was lucky enough to see a 'Hush Hush' that somebody had brought along to Roy Jackson's gaff in the summer. It's an impressive model to be sure, but it also struck me how truly fantastic it must have looked in the '30s - pretty futuristic I'd think, far more impressive IMHO than an A4

Hush! ;)

Simon

Flying Squad
Loveless at Warley.....

Great models, rubbish photography.

A4:

Awarley3.jpg

Gresley Full brake, development model, unfinished, slight damage but still wow. Lawrie reckoned c. £1000 in about 1 year's time - ideal for one's posh parcels:)

Awarley1.jpg

Bogie detail, with fully functioning wotsits.

Awarley2.jpg

I can't afford them but it's great to see the range of available 1/32 expanding.

Top models from a top bloke as far as I can see:thumbs:

Simon

28ten

Guv'nor
There's obviously enough money swilling around in some areas of the hobby to make Loveless a going concern!
As it's all British Kettles (DP1 aside) I am immune from jealousy, and can just admire the models for the works of art that they are!! :D
Still plenty of wonga at the top end. Nice models, but the collecting lark does nothing for me, if they were kits I would be more interested

ceejaydee

Western Thunderer
Can't argue with the quality of those handsome beasts but if I had £200 shy of £4k to spend on my hobby I wouldn't be considering an RTR electric G1 loco under my current circumstances.
However £4k would buy a LOT of tools, kits, materials and sundries... although whether I actually would get around to using them is another matter :rolleyes:

As we've got a few professional loco builders on here I'd like to ask would they like to be able to make and then sell 1:32 scale stock for that kind of money or does it still represent a lot of time and effort expended compared with the return?
I know how much skilled time is worth but maybe I'm not up to speed about what people are prepared to pay for a custom built loco albeit one of a batch such as these rather than a one-off.

Pugsley

Western Thunderer
There's obviously enough money swilling around in some areas of the hobby to make Loveless a going concern!
Not to mention others like Masterpiece Models - I was amazed by just how many people I saw wandering around Telford with £3.5K boxes tucked under their arms.