Prototype BR Brakevan Details

S

Simon Dunkley

Thread Edited by Simon Castens 7th Feb 2017.

This thread was posted some years ago by Simon Dunkley and provides a really good photographic resource of the BR Standard brakevan. Recently moved and highlighted as it is a very useful reference. Here follows Simon's original wording to head the thread:

Some pictures, mostly without comment, as promised elsewhere - if someone wants to see these, they only have to register. I am not precious about copyright, providing if they are re-used elsewhere no fee is charged, acknowledgement is made as to source, and the same conditions passed on.

Feel free to add to the thread if you have additional information or pictures that will add to what is here already, but please keep it free of unrelated discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Simon Dunkley

A second batch of photos has been found, which will be loaded up in parts (quite a few pictures involved!)
I have some more somewhere, but they may actually be on paper and in need of scanning!

So, RRM, 29 August 100_1043.JPG100_1044.JPG100_1045.JPG100_1046.JPG100_1047.JPG100_1048.JPG100_1049.JPG100_1050.JPG100_1051.JPG100_1052.JPG100_1053.JPG100_1054.JPG100_1055.JPG 2008:

Simon

Flying Squad
Very helpful - thank you very much for taking the trouble to upload all those shots.

Your second view of the veranda end is reassuring in that the vertical planking and frames are in the same plane, like the etch and unlike the van at Bodmin that Rob posted on my workbench thread.

Simon

adrian

Flying Squad
For reference there is also this thread
BR standard Brake Van on Helston rly, good under solebar views
From which I have linked the following photos

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:

Sarah Winfield

Thank you for these photographs. I have just built a Ken West LNER brake van kit, not very well I regret to say. However, these pictures came a little late for my main build.
I have constructed the earlier version of the brake van, the one which didn't have hand-rails on the end platforms.
My knowledge of this vehicle is what I have gained as a result of my building the kit.

SW