BR Mk1 Limabuild coaches

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Sidelines also do a 'buckeye' similar to the Kaydee but without the dropper wire and no draftgear, fitted in the same way as the screw link.

regards

Mike

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Thats interesting I dont want it operational just cosmetic and ?12 seems at little steep(not that I am penny pinching)for 2 buckeyes.

Ian

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Ian,

should have said that they are about ?6.50 a pair. Hope they show up on the attached

regards

Mike

Attachments

• DSCF2829-1.JPG
    400.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF2497.JPG
    340.8 KB · Views: 7

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Sorry to wander off topic Who's CCT is that and yes those buckeyes look the part could you take another photograph of the underside where the buckeye bar goes through the buffer beam

Ian

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Ian,

it's a JLTRT GUV and unfortunately I no longer have it. All I did was to enlarge the hole using a square tapered file in conjunction with a hand held drill bit.

regards

Mike

ps signing off now until Monday

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Ressaldar said:
Hi Ian,

it's a JLTRT GUV and unfortunately I no longer have it. All I did was to enlarge the hole using a square tapered file in conjunction with a hand held drill bit.

regards

Mike

ps signing off now until Monday
That looks quite tasty I think I am going to have to make representations when money permits

Ian

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Westdale do a nice GUV  :thumbs: It has a one piece body which is of a very high quality with really crisp mouldings etc, probably half the price too.. :wave:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Only 1 problem with Westdale arn't there bodies Aluminum that as I have found is hard work to get things to stick to it.

Ian

rosspeacock

iploffy said:
Only 1 problem with Westdale arn't there bodies Aluminum that as I have found is hard work to get things to stick to it.

Ian
They usually are but this one is resin, Ask Phill he got one at Halifax or Kettering this year :thumbs:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Oh by the way isn't it fun painting coaches I have tried the grey undercoat, grey ,rail blue then black for the underframes and have come to the conclusion that if you sprayed the blue first and then sprayed the grey onto of it it's easier.

Ian

rosspeacock

iploffy said:
Oh by the way isn't it fun painting coaches I have tried the grey undercoat, grey ,rail blue then black for the underframes and have come to the conclusion that if you sprayed the blue first and then sprayed the grey onto of it it's easier.

Ian
I think thats how Phill did his Mk2's, I've never painted blue grey livery, how are they looking?? As for the Westdale GUV I think it was less than ?100 but I'm not altogether sure, I'm sure Phill will put us right when he next online... :thumbs: :thumbs:

rosspeacock

CME & Bottlewasher said:
Hi Ross :wave:

Those seats look the same as the 'stonecast' ones from Peter Cowling?

BTW how are you going to glaze the drop lights in the doors? - I have a couple of, as yet, untested ideas :wave: :scratch: :))

TTFN

CME :wave: Hi CME :wave: :thumbs: Not sure about the droplights yet but I'll probably make some up from some clear plastic, I also have a few packs of SE Finecast flushglaze for Lima Mk1's there are some windows in the pack for door droplights so might see what they look like, I'll be having some of them open so will have to come up with a solution for that too...  The seats could be the same, I don't know who Shawn & Richard get them off?? :wave: :wave:    Ross...

rosspeacock

Hi all, been having a tinker with the RMB again today... Put a false floor in the middle of the coach where the floor is lower, built it up with some plastruct acting as joists also made the bar area and storage cupboard with mock "roller shutter" scribed into the plasticard, ill eventually paint all this brown to look like wood panelling and might make up some shelves and other details for behind bar area... need to fabricate some bulkheads for one end which ill scribe a "mock" sliding door into and a gangway for toilets and bulkhead for other end too... Got both Kadee's in place and operating nice and freely, next job is to finish off sanding and filling the join between sides and ends and put buffers on other end... :thumbs: Ross

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 024.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 024.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 22
  • Limabuild coaches 025.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 025.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Limabuild coaches 026.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 026.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Limabuild coaches 027.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 027.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 22

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Ross where did you get the interior layout plan from as the MK1 book I have does not have internal layouts in. I am reserching the RB at the moment. How did you set the heights of your buckeyes(kaydee's) as I guess they have to be the same as the next coach

Ian

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
CME & Bottlewasher said:
I was told by Westdale that they recommend Devcon epoxy for gluing - my concern has always been priming ali - even when using a specific ali etch primers we have had issues with ali - so hence not yet built anything 'Westdale' (even though they look great when made by the likes of Alan Rushworth et al. and they do supply some nice details etc...)

CME :wave:

I have a very sneaky feeling the Cavalier coach is a Westdale and I used normal Halfords car paint but I completely fibre brushed the boby shell and degreased it before priming a bit drastic I know but it worked and nothing has come off yet

Ian

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Looking great Ross. Whos seats are they ? I need to get my seats sorted for my RMB :thumbs:
As regards ali bodies i have several Westdale coaches and all i did was wash with soap n water before i started work on it, and i used as Ian has ,Halfords grey primer. To fix the resin ends all i used was wilko's own two part epoxy ( yellow and purple tubes ). Before glueing them i scribed crisscross's on the edge of the resin and roughed up the inside of the ali body with coarse wet n dry :thumbs:. This process has worked for me so far.

Rob :wave:

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
This is the thing that makes no sense to me the ends of the 40ft BG I have are white metal!!!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? and you are spot on Rob Wilko's 2 pack is very good stuff got both sorts the 20 min set and rapid set and yes the inside of the ali was roughed up and I added extra support to the ends by using 'L' shaped brass section to re-inforce the joint.

Ian

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Hi boys  :wave:

The Westdale Guv's are definitely resin & very nice they are too  8) 8) 8), I think they are about ?80'ish if I remember rightly, but you need to buy some bogies as well (I got Easybuild bogies)  :thumbs:

With regard to Blue/Grey I painted my MK11's blue first & added the grey panel over the top of the blue once the blue was thoroughly dry..........much easier IMO than painting them the other way round  :thumbs:

Cheers Phill  ;D