BR Mk1 Limabuild coaches

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
yeh that as well. I got pretty Peed off and very upset because I couldn't do it and to damage something whilst so close to completion well target practise and the bin was looming

Ian

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Ressaldar said:
Sidelines do a roofing tape @ ?3.80 a roll which is very good

forgot to attach these to show the effect

Attachments

• DSCF1407.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1410.JPG
    442.8 KB · Views: 10

rosspeacock

Modelling on a £1200 table.
Hi  :wave:
Not a great deal of progress to report to date, although I do intend to bring this coach to Kettering show "finished"  :scratch:
Last week I fitted door stepboards, side running board brackets, battery boxes, grab rail behind windows in bar/serving area, made up etched brass tables (Easybuild) , made up some partitions for door ends of each coach inc; toilets and finally gave all the interior, seats a lick of paint...
Ross...... :thumbs: :wave:[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• Limabuild coaches 046.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 046.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Limabuild coaches 047.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 047.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Limabuild coaches 048.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 048.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Limabuild coaches 049.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 049.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Limabuild coaches 050.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 050.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 50
  • Limabuild coaches 051.jpg
    Limabuild coaches 051.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 49

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
They look better every time I see them, did you measure the width of the step boards or was it an educated guess and I dont know if I have already asked you this but where did you get your door handles from

Ian

rosspeacock

iploffy said:
They look better every time I see them, did you measure the width of the step boards or was it an educated guess and I dont know if I have already asked you this but where did you get your door handles from
You guessed it :scratch: :scratch: Yes an educated guess 20mm and 17mm for the short one 1 of on this coach 2 of on CK etc... The door handles were from Eileens Emporium.. :thumbs:
Ross....... :wave:

Ian

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
I really like the coach interior  8)  8)  8), once the tables are in it would be nice to see some pics through the windows with the roof on  :drool:  :scratch:

Phill :wave:

PS. Are you sorted for Ponty ?

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Just caught up with these pics Ross.Exellent work :bowdown: :bowdown:.What colour brown have you used on the interior?.
Are you doing a complete rake in green or is it just the RMB.  (sorry if ive asked this before mate)
I'm looking forward to the next pics :thumbs:.How many coaches have you got on the go at the mo plus did you make a decision on the full brake (BG).

Rob :wave:

rosspeacock

lancer1027 said:
Just caught up with these pics Ross.Exellent work :bowdown: :bowdown:.What colour brown have you used on the interior?.
Are you doing a complete rake in green or is it just the RMB.  (sorry if ive asked this before mate)
I'm looking forward to the next pics :thumbs:.How many coaches have you got on the go at the mo plus did you make a decision on the full brake (BG).

Hi Rob :wave:
The Brown is Humbrol 62 matt, I have 6 on the go at the moment, my plan is to do 2 rakes of 3, 3 in BR/SR Green inc RMB and 3 in BR Maroon with "w" prefixes, Still considering what to do about BG lima coaches are getting quite expensive now so might be as well getting an Easybuild one......  :thumbs: :wave: Ross....

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
rosspeacock said:
Hi Rob :wave:
The Brown is Humbrol 62 matt, I have 6 on the go at the moment, my plan is to do 2 rakes of 3, 3 in BR/SR Green inc RMB and 3 in BR Maroon with "w" prefixes, Still considering what to do about BG lima coaches are getting quite expensive now so might be as well getting an Easybuild one...... :thumbs: :wave: Ross....

:scratch: Westdale GUV's are another possibility  8)

Phill  :wave:

rosspeacock

Hi Phill  :wave: Yes I do like the westdale GUV the resin cast body was really good on the one you got last year, did you have to buy bogies for it? I seem to remember something about that..  :wave: :wave: Ross.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Hi Ross, yes you have to buy the bogies seperate, i used wayho for my first two GUV's but then bought Easybuild bogies for the next two :thumbs:
I look forward to your next lot of pics.
I personally would go for Easybuild BG, now the lima prices seem to be going up. Unless you can pic up a bargain :thumbs:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Yes i know Cynric i have already spoken to Ross about the "GREEN" ones :eek: and i shall be having words about the MAROON ones too :eek: :vista: :vista: :))