Brian T`s Modeling effort`s...... a few pictures!

Brian T

Western Thunderer
As i`m new to this forum,and as of yet have nothing really to post,i thought that i`d show (cringe..) some of my past modeling effort`s.
Some or all of which people may have seen over on RMweb so appologies if you have!.
First off an O gauge Diorama for photographing models on,nice and simple.
Dia #.1.jpg
Next up,two O gauge peco iron ore tipplers weathered & numbered to ressemble engineers wagon`s.One of which has been converted with Roller bearings.
DB284891 2.jpg DB384368 1.jpg

Now for some HO American stuff!.

The following three boxcars cars are all bog standard offering`s,with two from Athearn and the big 86` footer from Walthers.All of have all been weathered with acyrlic paints,along with the graffiti,which i applied with 0/00 /000 sized paint brushes.
Almost forgot to add that the graffiti is copied from actual photos too...
11908113665_e42dae27a6_k.jpg
11908971656_7e0c4ec05b_o.jpg 11908097805_ede30146ed_o.jpg
SRN #1.jpg SRN #2.jpg

Next up some scenery....

A small river scene on a layout from long ago...well 2008!.
IMG_2132_2.JPG

The next one is from the last layout that i almost finished,again US outline in HO scale.
This was supposed to represent an urban/semi rural industrial park in Iowa/Illinois that was switched out by the Iowa Interstate railroad.
trees!.jpg

Next,
A close up of a small 1:48 scale diorama, of a graffitied wall and side walk.
Again the graffiti is from a photo,and done free hand.
Just don`t ask what it`s supposed say,cause i ain`t got clue!
Graffiti.jpg

And finally,

A building that i knock up for a friends HO american switching layout that`s based on the west bottom`s in Kansas City,mo.
It`s built mainly from used & new sections of the Walthers modular building system that they produce,along with various parts out of plastic card.
Abernathy Furniture Bld,pete 2016 001.JPG Abernathy Furniture Bld,pete 2016 002.JPG
As side,anyone that is famillar with the west bottom`s in Kansas city will recognise the name on the building,
'Abernathy Furniture Co.' this is because the prototype building (from where the inspiration comes from) still stands today, and can been seen on Google maps;Google Maps
(It`s the building dead center of the screen in the above link)
It was once a facsinating area with street trackage going here there and everywhere,but like most things it`s lost to the past!.

Any comment`s,or question`s (lay`s himself wide open...!) greatfully recieved.

Ta for looking,
Brian.

Brian T

Western Thunderer
Whilst i`ve been faffing about try to sort out what i`m going to model,ie: US or UK 7mm. ( hence the lack of post`s) I thought i better finish a couple of wagons that i`d started for a layout idea last year,they being a MR 8ton van & SECR 20t brake van.
As i`ve mentioned i was going to use these but as i`m now going to build a small 7mm US layout, i decided to finish them for use on a friends layout.
101_1200.JPG
This a Slaters kit for a 6 wheeled SECR brake van,which was a right pig too build,as not only did most of the body components need altering in some to fit,but i had to resort to soldering up all the underframe brake linkage to stop it from falling apart whilst building it.....
Anyhow finished it up as an internal user van with fairly light weathering,and added one of the excellent modelu3d figures.in this case a signal man.
P1000062.JPG
Slaters 8ton MR van,
I brought this already built off of the Guild stand at Telford last year for not a lot money,so it was just a case of a re-paint and giving it some lightish weathering.
navel gazing.JPG

finally both together before i took them to their new home.
I put this pic in the Guild gallery along with another,and then realised after a day or two that i`d bowed the long hand rail on the brake van up....

Brian.

Brian T

Western Thunderer
Brian, great HO fine scale graffiti, well done, hard to get it right and you’ve patched over it
John

John,

Thanks for kind comments.
It`s been a while now since i`ve done any graffiti, (on models that is!) but if and when i get back at it, i`ve got some modern O scale freight cars to play with.

Cheers,
Brian.

LarryG

Western Thunderer
I do like the two 16T steel mineral wagons. Combined with your treatment of the track, the whole set-up looks real. I realize they were posted over a year ago, but I have only just seen them.

Brian T

Western Thunderer
I do like the two 16T steel mineral wagons. Combined with your treatment of the track, the whole set-up looks real. I realize they were posted over a year ago, but I have only just seen them.

Thank you larry,

I`m glad you like the minerals,i`d acutally built those back in 2017 for a layout i was building at the time over on RM web.
Here`s another picture i did at the time that you might like also;ZKO interior`s.jpg

Cheers,
Brian.

PS; i`ve also been enjoying your 'weathered wagons' post`s also Larry. :thumbs:

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Hi Brian
I have to say that there is not enough time in the day to view every post in WT and I guess that is why I am 4 years late!!
Some fantastic modelling here and I wish I saw it back then to comment! I do like the water under the bridge.
I can see your enthusiasm for wagons (freight cars)
Lovely.....I must pay attention.
ATB
Julian

Brian T

Western Thunderer
Hi Juilan,

Thanks for the kind words.....and it`s never too late to comment on things!!.
Like you i`m still finding loads of fantasic stuff to look at on here. :thumbs:

Cheers,
Brian.