7mm Buckjumper's Workbench - Latest: GCR D8 open wagons

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
I've never had a 'wish I didn't have to part with this' thought about any commissions.
Surely you could have postponed delivery of this Buck until 1st November 2014? After all, the National Archives show that the engine was allocated to Weeping Angels from 01/04/1891 until Dec 32nd 1899 and 3/4.

A very nice piece of work, regards, Graham

Eastsidepilot

Western Thunderer
KerRect. :D

D'you know, I've never had a 'wish I didn't have to part with this' thought about any commissions.
Funny that Ade, I've never thought like that either, but what does bother me is the way they are treated by the customer, a certain recent loco came back for servicing and the number of broken or missings parts:( realy p****d me off.

Excellent job by the way mate:thumbs:

Col.

7mmMick

Western Thunderer
Fantasi Adrian, why did she run as a 2-4-0 ? It looks quite strange with half the coupling rods missing. What process was used for body and frames, etching, pantograph mill or good old piercing saw and file ?

ATB Mick

Tony West

Western Thunderer
Very nice young Adrian !!....I especially like the pool of water next to the tank filler, nicely observed!.
Cheers Tony.

Buckjumper

Flying Squad
Thanks for the comments.

Mick: The GER took the front rods off tanks working lines with sharpish curves in the belief that it reduced flange wear, such as the Fenchurch Street to Blackwall line and Tiptree to Kelvedon. The LNER and later BR used surviving J65s on harbours and docks which were more suited to four-coupled locos. The GER didn't confine the practice to tanks though, and took the rods off a 2-4-0 T19 express (basically an LNER E4 with 7' drivers instead of 5' 8") and ran it as a 2-2-2 single. It was a success and the D27 2-2-2 class went into production.

Many parts were cut using the old-fashioned piercing saw method, though I had some of the rectangular parts like buffer beams chopped out on a guillotine. Nice little locos, and I've got one in hand to be finished in GE blue for my own collection.