Check out this Warship's paint job!

AJC

Western Thunderer
It is really very, very impressive bit of modelling. What a heap! It's difficult to believe the real thing was still in traffic like that - a testament to Swindon's love of filler and, by the looks of it, rubbish surface preperation prior to being painted blue.

Adam

mickoo

Western Thunderer
I must get on with more modelling ........

Or just give up and take up weeding, can't go wrong with that!

Some nice stuff on there, the Deltics look nice and yes a 7mm Warship is long sought after after DJH/Tower stopped theirs, but to be fair nowt beats a Fred Phipps Warship :thumbs:.

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
What a great bit of knackered look weathering:thumbs:.

I would love to know the process to achieve something like that.:confused:

Rob:)

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
Without even looking, the process involved can essentially only boil down to the application of different colours and consistencies of paint, blended together in as many stages as it takes to get the desired effect. This isnt to undervalue Keir's work, because it's clearly top notch, but a lot of folk seem to be put off attempting weathering by a perception that there's some sort of magic ingredient involved. If there is one, it's just persistence.

Pennine MC

Western Thunderer
Very nice. Just need to get my confidence up before I tackle expensive loco's.

Confidence is largely what it's about. Not that things will always go precisely to the 'recipe' - because they wont - but the confidence, based on experience and judgement, that you can overcome any setbacks. That might mean going over things again, or maybe adapting them into a different effect than what you had in mind. That only comes with practice (which, as an aside, should not be done on anything expensive).