D600 Warship In 1/32nd

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Hello all at Western Thunder
Just to bring to your attention, Fred Phipps has pressed on with the D600 project in 1/32nd, along with so I am told by Fred, Kernow models interest, as they have asked Fred that once the body is complete that they can scan it for their 4mm project that was advertised 3 years ago. So hopefully the 4mm modellers can also have a Fred Phipps quality model aswell as us 1/32nd modellers. Fred has modelled the side grills with the bevelled resessed edges, which limits the locos to D600 or D601.

These parts will become part of Freds master one-piece body from which the 1/32nd moulds will eventually be taken.

As I am biased as I still think these are the best kits i have ever modelled. I will let you make your own minds up to the current quality of Freds D600 project.

I have put my name down for one, which will be D600 Active.

Cheers for now
Regards
Mr TV

Attachments

• IMGP3420.JPG
    IMGP3420.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 249
  • IMGP3422.JPG
    IMGP3422.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 251
  • IMGP3178.JPG
    IMGP3178.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMGP3426.JPG
    IMGP3426.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 251
  • IMGP3427.JPG
    IMGP3427.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 247

D6356

Western Thunderer
Lovely looking developments and a great addition to the D6300s , just have to start saving !
thanks Fred !
Robert

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
That's going to be interesting, given that Kernow have announced all five:)

I would believe that Kernow would possibly scan Fred's D600 body without the headcode boxes attached at first and the re-scan it with the headcode boxes attached. Fred will in 1/32nd scale only be producing the external body side grills that sit proud of the body side as per D600 & D601, so it will be interesting to see if Kernow can with the scans turn them into a 3D cad and adjust the grills to a flush sided appearance as D602, D603 & D604 had.
Cheers
Mr Tiger Viking

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Hello All
More info on the G1 1/32nd D600'er, Having spoke with Fred about his latest project, he advisesd me that the body is nearly finished and has kindly sent me a couple of images so show his progress. All I can say is what a tremendous skill Fred has in producing these very accurate 1/32nd models, which for those of us in this scale modelling Diesel Hydraulics we are lucky to be so blessed. :thumbs:
It also looks like the sun will shine on those 4mm modellers, as I believe Kernow will scan one of Fred's 600'er bodies to hopefully get an accurate reperesentation. (lots of happy people :);):))
So enjoy the images of a true craftsman.
Regards
Mr TV

Attachments

• IMGP3494.JPG
    IMGP3494.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 191
  • IMGP3495.JPG
    IMGP3495.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 183

Simon

Flying Squad
Wonderful to see those pictures Steve, Fred is a true artist and craftsman.

I look forward to seeing one of those beasties getting the "Harrod Treatment" - I'm sure those locos called in at Worcester Road sometime in their short careers:))

Maybe they were seen passing through Wenbridge Junction too - I'll have to check their axle loading with the engineers:p

Simon

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Hello Thunder'ers
For those interested Fred has now completed the D600 body in 1/32nd scale and what a piece of art it is.
Fred advises that the body will shortly go to the company that makes the bodymoulds. Seperate headcode boxes have also been made enabling those interested to model the 600'ers either with or without them.
Thankfully Mark Wood allready makes the 2 sizes of spoked wheels for the A1A-A1A bogie.
Having visited Fred recently and seen the 600'er body in the flesh I can with expierence from building Freds previous kits have to say this is probabaly his best yet. I think by the time he produces the Western he will have really refined his allready high skill technique.
Cheers
Mr TV

Attachments

• IMGP3540.JPG
    IMGP3540.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 135
  • IMGP3541.JPG
    IMGP3541.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMGP3542.JPG
    IMGP3542.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMGP3543.JPG
    IMGP3543.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 133

Simon

Flying Squad
Fantastic! The Fredmeister does it again:bowdown:

Will the louvres/grilles be moulded with the body or will they be etches to be glued on to the body as with the Class 22?

Absolutely marvellous either way:)

Simon

I've just noticed he's put the "screw head depressions" on the window frames, even better:thumbs:

Mr Tiger Viking

Western Thunderer
Fantastic! The Fredmeister does it again:bowdown:

Will the louvres/grilles be moulded with the body or will they be etches to be glued on to the body as with the Class 22?

Absolutely marvellous either way:)

Simon

I've just noticed he's put the "screw head depressions" on the window frames, even better:thumbs:

Hi Simon, Fred has modelled the grills in situ and they are stunning. so saving us the hassle of putting in the etched grills. He has modelled the original type of grill with the bevelled edge as per D600 and D601. Fred is toying with the idea of producing another body shell with the flush grills for those who may want to do D602 to D604.
Cheers
Mr TV

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
WOW That looks Fantastic. :bowdown: ............. Another reason why im struggling to stay modelling in 7mm instead of moving up to 1/32nd:confused:

Rob:)