EM Gauge 70s - February Update

adrian

Flying Squad
I don't know how they keep the regular drum beat going but I'm sure glad they do. It's a joy to see every month, this months highlights for me the signals at Kentside and Hartburn - absolutely sumptuous. I wish I'd spotted the Kendal show - it's only just up the road from me.

As an aside - Western related I spotted this gorgeous artwork from Tom Connell on twitter recently.

Osgood

Western Thunderer
Some more of his work here:

I have little interest in the modern railway but I challenge anyone not to get drawn in by these paintings.

Renovater

Western Thunderer
I don't know how they keep the regular drum beat going but I'm sure glad they do. It's a joy to see every month, this months highlights for me the signals at Kentside and Hartburn - absolutely sumptuous. I wish I'd spotted the Kendal show - it's only just up the road from me.

As an aside - Western related I spotted this gorgeous artwork from Tom Connell on twitter recently.

That Western reminded of my bash around Cornwall and Devon in 74 for a whole week on a rover, i was fifteen at the time. Here is my fav Viceroy in Penzance, guess who left the door open so the train couldn't leave ?

f_115711.jpg

Last edited:

Vulcan47

Really like Tom Connell’s painting of a Class 52 Western Diesel on the Devon sea wall; looks like the section between Dawlish and Teignmouth just past Spray Point. Very clever use of a rough sea to reduce the amount of work painting in the coaching stock. Extremely atmospheric! Western’s a Swindon Machine judging by the position of the overhead electric warning signs on the cab front.

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
I agree with Adrian above, I love seeing Hartburn and would really like to see it in the flesh. Again it shows what can be done with 3 points on what is really a shelf.....inspirational.

On another note Hornsey is always impressive....reminds me of my spotting days in London.

I enjoy these monthly posts....

Thanks guys