Enigma (Liverpool Lion)

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
Getting there bit by bit. With the weather so lovely it's difficult not to be out there pottering about.

IMG_4057.JPG
It difficult to get decent pictures of something that is so 'black'. This is with the flash and then lightened when they are on screen. Obviously the backhead with it's fittings. All were captured in place with super glue and then araldite was applied from inside the firebox.

IMG_4057.JPG IMG_4058.JPG

This is to show the cylinder drain cocks and it looks as if the one on the right is leaning a bit. Hope it's not too late to straighten it up.

IMG_4060.JPG

Just a bit of fun.

Jon

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
All finished well, almost. I'm waiting for her nameplates and when those are fitted, she will be finished. I wired her up yesterday and luckily, all of the bits fitted into the boiler and smokebox. The on/off switch and the charger are in the lower section of the firebox awkward to get to but they are there and they are hidden. I'm pleased to say that everything worked first time. The transmitter is a TX10 and the receiver an RX65 both from Micron Radio Control, usual disclaimer; there is no sound card as there wouldn't have been anywhere to put it even if I wanted one. All that I need now is some stock for her to pull along.

Jon

IMG_4064.JPG IMG_4065.JPG IMG_4069.JPG IMG_4071.JPG IMG_4071-001.JPG

Tim Watson

Western Thunderer
That looks wonderful John. Will you darken / varnish the wood cleading? The heat tends to make wood clad boilers go quite dark very quickly.

Tim

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
Arty, MSWJR. Thank you for your comments they are very much appreciated.

Andy. That very same thing has been on my mind from the start of this build. I even have photos that I took off the tele when I watched the film, the Titfield Thunderbolt. I'd quite enjoy modelling a bishop wearing gaiters and jodhpurs. I keep my eyes open for any figures that I could convert but, I haven't come across anything as yet. I've had no reply from 'Model Citizens' so, I can only assume that they have gone out of business.

Tim. I did apply a light walnut stain before fixing the wooden strips but, I don't thik that I'll do any more to the engine now. I know that a lot of folks get out the powders and weather their models but, I'm not one of those. I'm too frightened that everything will be ruined and so, I leave well alone.

Jon

michael mott

Western Thunderer
What I mean by my comment is a complete rethink of the current model I have started of the John Bull. I had originally planned a live steam 7.5 inch gauge model.I was only 24 years old when I started. Now I am 72 I have a lot of other projects underway and am thinking that a different approach will see a more satisfying progress on the John Bull as it was originally built and delivered to the Camden and Amboy Railroad in 1831

Michael