Book First Generation Railbuses

28ten

Guv'nor
Simon hasnt mentioned this but I spotted it on the Ian Allen website
http://www.ianallanpublishing.com/br-first-generation-diesel-railbuses.html
9780711036352.jpg

Rippers

Western Thunderer
Pickedup a copy at the NEC show- well worth the cover price.

Quite a lot of shots I havent previously seen of these wee beasties, inluding one that lost a fight with a small land-slip.

Simon

Flying Squad
Yup, in stock at my emporium (unlike a certain Warship book - grr).

Very interesting, apart from the great shot that Rippers mention above there are a lot of good views, many in colour. Also drawings, a bit "weight diagram-ish but still useable and some really good colour shots of the interior of the AC cars type. I also liked the several views of the tiny halts put in on several lines when these vehicles were introduced. This is one title that I think I will addd to my own library.

Pricewise, I agree that it's a move upwards from previous price points for this style of book, but it's not as much as the new Bob Essery book from Ian Allan at £19.99 and in any event book prices do need to go up a bit if publishers are going to keep producing them.

For the cover price of this book you can alternatively buy about 2 and a half gallons of diesel or 12 odd loaves of bread, OK - where did I put that butter knife...

Simon

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
There are two out, the Irwell one and one from Strathwood, which is what I am waiting for

If you mean 'Warships In Colour' (Irwell) & 'Looking Back At The Warships' (Strathwood), I wouldn't get too exited..........they are both pretty mediocre IMO :( .............the Irwell one is cheap though, so I suppose it does have that in it's favour ?.
I used to buy all the Hydraulic books as they came out, but with the some of the last few offerings, I am being a little more selective ;)