From Llangunllo to Llanbister Rd.

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Brian's not alone Geoff, I was also about to compliment your grandson on his choice of motive power!

Keith

P1160513.JPG

Jake is also fond of this one as well, so there is hope for him yet, then again it might be the milk tanks that floats his boat? :)

P1160579 (2).JPG

Superb, Geoff, as always!

Thank you Tim, however if you could see the mess that the engineering department made the other night you might think again;)

Geoff

oldravendale

Western Thunderer
They are indeed Keith, the trouble is I have to clean up after them, still the new footbridge girder is in place now and trains are running again ready for Monday morning. No engineering works running over and cancellations in these parts :)

View attachment 102154

View attachment 102155

Geoff
Engineering works would not have prevented trains running. There were diversionary routes and these were regularly used. Trains also ran over Christmas......

Brian

LarryG

Western Thunderer
A neat touch the ex.GWR 'Toad' in dark grey with BR markings. I noticed quite a lot in this livery in various albums. Nice layout too.

Geoff

Western Thunderer
A neat touch the ex.GWR 'Toad' in dark grey with BR markings. I noticed quite a lot in this livery in various albums. Nice layout too.

Cheers Larry, what would we do without all those album to draw inspiration from?

Geoff

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Despite being lead into temptation by a bargain priced '0' gauge 74XX, and a wonderful book titled 'The Tanat Valley Railway' by Mike Lloyd (thank you Simon) I have managed to remain on the straight and narrow and continue with my Llanbister Rd. shed diorama, which currently looks like this.

P1160657.JPG

I have decided to make a few changes since my last update, the garage has gone and is going to be replaced with a chapel. I am also going to model a small signal box, inspiration coming from the one at Watlington.

P1160671.JPG

Meanwhile work continues on the street scene as I scribe cobblestones into the pavements and gutters, a couple of etched drainage grids have also been put in place.

P1160668.JPG

At the other end of the layout 7416 poses beside the coaling stage, track detail will be next on the to do list, think fishplates, point rodding and all the paraphernalia that goes with it. Then once the ballasting has been carried out I can turn my attention to working up the scenery and buildings, well that is the plan.

Happy Easter,
Geoff

Captain Kernow

Western Thunderer
Lovely work Geoff, full of atmosphere already. I must admit, the Dapol 7mm 14xx is a very tempting big toy!

Best wishes,

Nick.
I really don't know why you lot don't just jump on in with the rest of us, the water's lovely!

You don't have to do any actual modelling for now, just indulge in some very agreeable retail therapy and keep the stuff until you have the time and/or space and/or permission to build the layout!

Geoff

Western Thunderer
Thanks for your encouragement Alan, and thank you Nick for your kind comment.

I really don't know why you lot don't just jump on in with the rest of us, the water's lovely!

You don't have to do any actual modelling for now, just indulge in some very agreeable retail therapy and keep the stuff until you have the time and/or space and/or permission to build the layout!

Exactly my thoughts, and I thought I was the only one :D

You certainly aren't the only one Larry, I have had more than my share of gentle nudges over the years ;)

I have indeed been dabbling Tim, have a couple of cunning plans and have even sold off a huge amount of my 4mm scale collection. But I am still struggling for space, as mentioned on this very thread before I don't want a shunting plank. That is why I tried the idea of a 7mm scale shed diorama, but even that took a huge amount of space. You might recall from a previous post that I drew up a rough plan based on Llansilin Road, it is a idea that I have revisited and the reason for me purchasing this excellent book for my Easter reading..

P1160689.JPG

P1160690.JPG

I don't think Simon will mind me posting this photo of Llansilin Road here to illustrate what floats my boat, now try and imagine as I do a 14xx or 74xx Pannier passing by with the pick up goods or pottering around in the yard. The photo is credited to Mr C.C Green and was taken in 1963. Now I haven't exactly been idle of the weekend and revisited my earlier plan based on this very location.

Llansilin in 0 (800x326).jpg

The latest thinking is to model it as a through station, I even got as far as mocking a full size section up......

P1160677.JPG

This section measures 5ft, and I haven't a clue where it will take me, but Llangunllo would have to be scrapped if I where to model it, in fact my whole modelling room would have to be rearranged. In the meantime I can't decide between a Minerva / Dapol 8750 Pannier or a Lionheart 74xx, the latter is of course ideal for my Lugg Valley theme as 7416.

Geoff

Attachments

• Llansilin in 0 (800x326).jpg
    Llansilin in 0 (800x326).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 15