G1/32 Website

Simon

Flying Squad
I have (at last) written an update for my 1/32 modelling website, it is now on the web at:

1/32nd scale railway modelling

In it I have suggested the discontinuation of "my" FS32 Yahoo group and given a hearty plug for this forum as the best place on the Net for 1/32 railway modellers.

I have not yet taken any concrete steps towards setting up a new society but do intend to pursue this.

It will be called the One32 Society and will quite simply be dedicated to railway modelling at 1/32 scale.

Simon

Postscript: 14th Dec 2015. No such society has yet been set up.

Last edited:

Simon

Flying Squad
A quick note to say that the FS32 Yahoo group is no more, I shall alter the website shortly to direct interested folk "Chez Cynric" instead.

I don't suppose it will result in many people joining:))

Simon

28ten

Guv'nor
A quick note to say that the FS32 Yahoo group is no more, I shall alter the website shortly to direct interested folk "Chez Cynric" instead.

I don't suppose it will result in many people joining:))

Simon
There has been a trickle of new members :) did you dig a hole for the yahoo group in the garden?

Simon

Flying Squad
A brief note to say that I have updated Fred Phipps' page on my website to give current information and prices of his fab 1/32 kits.

It is at:

www.titfield.co.uk/one32mod/Modfred.htm

What is exciting is that he is currently working on the master for a one piece resin moulded body for a BR standard 12T box van. You can catch a glimpse on my latest update to the ScaleOne32 Facebook page:

Facebook - Log In or Sign Up › ScaleOne32...

Simon

Last edited:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
A brief note to say that I have updated Fred Phipps' page on my website to give current information and prices of his fab 1/32 kits.

It is at:
www.titfield.co.uk/one32mod/Modfred.htm

What is exciting is that he is currently working on the master for a one piece resin moulded body for a BR standard 12T box van. You can catch a glimpse on my latest update to the ScaleOne32 Facebook page:

Facebook - Log In or Sign Up › ScaleOne32...

Simon

Simon - One of my many ongoing projects is a (hopefully), better than Slater's BR 12T van, in both 7mm and 1/32" scales. Looks like I can scrub the latter project, as knowing the quality of Fred's stuff, he'll do a good job. :thumbs: With only an end and a pair of doors partially drawn-up so far, my version is a long way from being finished anyway :oops:....

BR 12T Van End 18 Jun 2015.JPG
BR 12T Van Doors (00) 17 Jun 2015.JPG

Regards

Dan

Bob Reid

Western Thunderer
Just a case of curiosity killed the cat - How much do Fred's Mk1's come in at? - all one would ever be is a shelf queen - granted a rather nice talking point to have and well, much as I'd prefer the slightly larger scale one from Doug Hewson, at around £3k (s/h) I suspect my purchasing power for the next ten years would be seriously curtailed by the cat's mother!

Simon

Flying Squad
Bob

Good question, I'll ask Fred and let you know.

Dan

That looks good, in our various deliberations over the years it was the subtlety of the corrugations that caused most head scratching. I think Fred will have achieved it through an ornamental plasterwork technique of "combing" material with a form.

Hopefully there will be more to report on Fred's van shortly...

Simon

Bob Reid

Western Thunderer
Many thanks Simon. Clearly the cost reflects the quality of these and the amount of effort he's put in to getting the details correct.