G3 Hellingly Hospital Loco

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
Thanks for comments, likes, etc.
Bell has been fettled and fitted, and all the bits assembled.
Awaiting headlamp, which is turning out to be a little awkward so may come later. It will be a simple job to fit, into a socket already in place on the front bonnet.
Three snaps-
IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0009.JPG IMG_0009.JPG

Some final touching up next, then weathering to pull it all together.
If I may, after that I'll take a few snaps in the sunshine to bring this thread to an end.

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
Jon's right, it's lovely, looking forward to seeing it pulling a 7-plank wagon.
You mentioned overhead, have you thought of a reversing triangle? That would be a nice party piece. I never seen one working.

jamiepage

Western Thunderer
Thank you, Jon and Geoff.
Do you mean the sort of thing going on here, Geoff? (After about 2minutes).
I discovered this a couple of weeks ago ; I had until then no idea such a thing existed.

adrian

Flying Squad
You mentioned overhead, have you thought of a reversing triangle? That would be a nice party piece. I never seen one working.
I seem to remember going to the Manchester show when it was at the Co-op building and they frequently had some large scale trams with a reversing triangle.
I discovered this a couple of weeks ago ; I had until then no idea such a thing existed.
Wonderful - the aerial shot then showed something dribbling out of the tram loco. I wondered what it was and then I saw the caption for the sprinkler car and I thought of course it's a weedkiller train. Every garden railway needs one. But then it was spoilt by the next caption saying it just sprinkles water to clean the wheels but none of the water dribbling out seemed to get anywhere near the rails.:confused:

geoff_nicholls

Western Thunderer
that's it Jamie, achieves the same aim as this one, but with less effort:
Most authorities had a water car, to spray water on the road and in the slots, keeping down the dust and to help getting the crud out of the track.

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
As an aside, that's also the origin of the Drummond 8-whl tenders being referred to as 'watercart' tenders - they weren't exactly watertight!

Steph