G3 Turnouts

Jon Nazareth

Western Thunderer
I've posted the same question on the G3 Society's forum but ask it again here.

Dos anyone know of any instructions on how to build from scratch a (any) G3 turnout?

Jon

JimG

Western Thunderer
I've posted the same question on the G3 Society's forum but ask it again here.

Dos anyone know of any instructions on how to build from scratch a (any) G3 turnout?

Jon,

If you are going to use Cliff Barker parts then he has instructions on his web site here :-

Cliff Barker - Instructions

...scroll down to under the G1 instructions.

There is also a video of G1 turnout construction by Cliff but the princples are the same for G3.

Jim.

JimG

Western Thunderer
I had a look at the YouTube video, thank you, I'll have to give it some more thought.

Jon,

I watched the video a year or so ago when I first got some of Cliff's track components and I remember him doing some things that probably wouldn't be liked by people who like their track built to prototype designs. But there was enough information in his film to show the use of his components. I was mainly interested in using his sleeper units to make interlaced turnouts and that became a bit of a puzzle but I got there in the end. :)

Jim.

Mike W

Western Thunderer
The Gauge 3 Society's Shop stocks crossing assembly jigs and switch filing gauges for a variety of crossing angles. But, not being at the recent AGM I am not sure who now runs the shop.

Mike

lankytank

Western Thunderer
Mike

Last heard, it was still with John T, though due to pressures of work, one shouldn't expect 'express service', apparently the computer only gets switched on once or twice a week.

Baz