Giles' misc. Work bench.

Giles

Western Thunderer
This loco is complete now - all weathering done, and it works well and smoothly. The first wagon is complete, and the second is half done, but I had a mis-print having paused the print last night to top up the resin and restarted it, but it seems it was in the middle of making the supports rather than the chassis itself, and the supports didn't like it......

Giles

Western Thunderer
Ive made two wagons - these are all i need - printed on my Mars 2 Pro, wheels from Peter Binnie. They're fitted with choppers at one end (with a steel loop for auto uncoupling), and are of course functioning tippers. I will also have to make a small 'Tender' wagon to house an auxiliary battery, as according to my maths, the loco battery will only last 5 hours, due to the large power drain of the mister unit (250mA). This can plug into the loco under the back end. I need to find a suitable driver as well....

, 53509140927_28588c4a20_b.jpg

Paul_H

These are 1/8" brass brads from Hobby.UK.com and very nice they are - although they do add to the labour!
Sorry for the late comment, but for future reference a great source of rivets that are perfectly in scale for 16mm is Prime Miniatures High Quality Miniature Nuts, Screws, Bolts, Hardware, Fasteners and Accessories | Prime-Miniatures
I used their rivets to detail my Slaters quarry Hunslet and they were perfect. Also for adding all the missing ones that Slaters forgot or didn't bother with.
PM also do some astonishingly small nuts & bolts (M0.6) which may be easier than trying to make small hex heads.

Attachments

• 3J1A3603.jpg
    3J1A3603.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 15

King Crab

Western Thunderer