GWR/RCH OK axle box drawing

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a GA of a GWR/RCH OK axle box drawing?
I'm about to retool all the GWR wagons in my range and I have just realised that the Drawing I had was lost in the great data loss three years ago.
Marc

simond

Western Thunderer
I’m not sure which axleboxes are in the RCH wagon components in the resource section.

They’re the ones I used in my Mica experiments.

ChrisBr

Western Thunderer
Assuming you mean oil variants, York NRM has many versions of GWR ones. There's also a copy in the ATB Wagon book.

Overseer

Western Thunderer
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a GA of a GWR/RCH OK axle box drawing?
I'm about to retool all the GWR wagons in my range and I have just realised that the Drawing I had was lost in the great data loss three years ago.
Marc
Aren’t the GWR OK axleboxes and RCH axleboxes different things? GW used OK axleboxes (in a number of differing bearing sizes) to replace grease boxes from the 1890s onwards. GW adopted the RCH design during the 1920s, as did the other 3 railways, to reduce the numbers of spare parts needed for common user stock. Basically if a GW wagon or van was 16 feet long over headstocks it would have OK axleboxes, if 17’6” long (RCH standard length) it would have RCH axleboxes - the 12 ton version.

Marc Dobson

Western Thunderer
The first two GWR vans to get retooled are a X1 Mica B (circ1889) and a Y2 Fruit(circ 1890). So not being a GWR expert I'm presuming that they would start with on and end with the other? I'm not seeing a difference externally, but I'm open to being shown the differences.
Marc

Overseer

Western Thunderer
The best source for RCH drawings is here - Railway Clearing House wagons. For the GW OK axleboxes you would think the drawings would be readily available but it seems not, although the NRM list has drawing 10516 in roll 21 for OK axlebox, and probably others.

The GWR OK axlebox is noticeably smaller than the RCH axlebox, has a semicircular rounded top instead of a flatter arch, and the turret of the OK is distinctive, relatively taller with a 'gable' shaped top to the recess in the face of the turret.