Hello from NE Lincolnshire

Mat T

Hello all

I am Mat from Cleethorpes, NE Lincs. I am a Great Central man, with several O Gauge 7mm loco's and a couple a little larger, inherited from my father. I am keen to support the hobby, but am a hopeless modeller. I know one or two people in here and keen to learn and find out more.

I look forward to learning and perhaps dreaming of what could be....

Be Kind!

Regards

Mat

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
Welcome, good to read that you have an interest in the GCR.

If the photo in our profile is typical of your other engines then a photo-parade is likely to be received well.

regards, Graham

Keith Phillips

Western Thunderer
Welcome Mat. I look forward to seeing your loco's. I have an interest in the GC lines too, I used to work into Marylebone.

Regards,

Keith

freelance7

Western Thunderer
Welcome Mat,

You will find a very knowledgable set of folks here on WT, we are all a friendly lot . Happy modelling.

Paul

Mike W

Western Thunderer
Welcome Mat. One thing about WT is that we are always kind. Occasionally critical, but in a kind and supportive way, or so I have found anyway!
Look forward to seeing the "little larger" ones.

Mike

FH47331

Hello Mat, from one newbie to another! Also in the Lincolnshire area, as you may gather from my nickname!

Richie

Mat T

20200115_183931.jpg 20200114_183532.jpg 20200115_183931.jpg 20200808_105654.jpg 20200115_183129.jpg 20200114_183532.jpg 20200115_185743.jpg Thanks for the warm welcome. I have attempted to upload some images.

The first, an LNER Sir Sam Fay I managed to buy a few years ago.
The second, a GCR Compound Atlantic, built on commision by David Hill and painted by Warren Haywood.
The third, a GCR Director, again painted by Warren Haywood
The fourth, a GCR Immingham which a friend built for me, 20 years ago, and painted by Warren Haywood.
Lastly, a J63, Dock Tank, (built by Mike Cole) similar to those organising the fish trains near my home in Grimsby - Europe's Food Town and once the largest fishing port in the world.

I also have a 5inch gauge J63 in GCR Livery and an Immingham part built too.

Enjoy the pictures

Mat

20200115_185743.jpg 20200115_183931.jpg 20200114_183532.jpg 20200115_183129.jpg 20200808_105654.jpg

Last edited:

daifly

Western Thunderer
Hi Mat
If you edit your last post, you should be able to select 'Full image' which is the preferred user-friendly format for posting. Thumbnails are a PITA and many people - me included - can't be bothered to keep opening and closing thumbnails.
Cheers
Dave

adrian

Flying Squad
If you edit your last post, you should be able to select 'Full image' which is the preferred user-friendly format for posting.
Thanks for the reminder - I've done it this time but for reference it's this button to do all in one go
Screenshot 2020-08-11 at 23.16.16.png

Mat T

Thanks for the Hello's, much appreciated, especially when joining a new group. Now to find a wagon builder and some GC coaches!!! Gold dust some of these

Mat

Harry Lamb

Hello Mat, I'm Harry, a 'Meggie', also from Lincolnshire but I don't use the 'NE' tag. I've been a member for some time now but I haven't got round to posting anything yet until I have settled down in my new 'stalag' and got everything sorted and in order. I model in 4mm. 18.83 gauge but I don't do layouts as such, just 'shunting planks' or 'basic train sets' as my old pal calls them every two to three years. I've never really had the flair and imagination to build a 'working model railway' as my interests are more with the mechanics of train sets in my chosen scale and gauge. Cheers. HL.

Last edited: