Hello from the middle of Norway

Hawkeye

Hi ,
Got wind of this forum through the NG&IRM, and the first inpression is that this is a forum with a lot of serious modellers!

I model Norwegian narraow gauge (0-scale metergauge), but as modelling techniques are universal I hope that I will be able to contribute something of interest to the discussions.

My main interest is scratchbuilding rolling stock, structures and dioramas. Hopefully I will start a some project threads in the near future. Until then, here are some random pictures of my work:

ferdig_ute_W.jpg

complete_07.jpg

2022-05-05 12_01_06-arbeidsvognder.jpg

220214_verksted_5.jpg

Best regards, Havard

simond

Western Thunderer
Hawk,

welcome to WT, and a cracking first post! Great to see you here.

I had pointed the good folks here to your thread in the other place, I'm sure more of them will see your wonderful modelling now you're on WT!

You'll also soon learn that the currency here is photos, lots of them, so please don't be shy!

cheers
Simon

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer
Hi Havard,

welcome to WT, those are some cracking models that you have posted, I'm looking forward to your next instalment.

regards

Mike

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... when will you post some pics of your models?
Jordan, you silly boy... if those photos were of the real thing then the loco, wagon and break would be covered in snow.

Harvard (@Hawkeye), how many ore cars have you made since you started the RMweb topic?

regards, Graham

Hawkeye

Harvard (@Hawkeye), how many ore cars have you made since you started the RMweb topic?

regards, Graham

When it comes to modelling I am very easily distracted, so when I finish a model I tend to change the subject and move on to something entirely different. Or I end up in a modelling hiatus. After finishing the two ore cars I built in parallell, it was a bit of both.
So the frustratingly little modelling time I have spent in recent years have been dedicated to the Shadow-box diorama shown in the last picture in the first post.

Another flaw of mine is that I am terrible at "budgeting" with my modelling time. So I spent almost as much time on a travelling crane for the diorama as on designing and building an ore car. When installed in the diorama it will probably blend in rather anonymiously with all the other elements of the scene. But I can never resist going all in with brass channels, turned rivets and etched platework.

travers.jpg

travers2.jpg

Last edited:

Joe's Garage

Western Thunderer
Welcome Havard and just as Jordan said….oh they are models….wow! I do like the detail in the gantry crane
all the best
Julian

Hawkeye

Thanks a lot for the kind welcomes! Hopefully there will be some progress to be posted soon!

-Havard