In the garden..

28ten

Guv'nor
No pictures im afraid, but I had a jolly time with the model engineers this afternoon running trains in a local garden :D I was able to give the Hymek a good run (its still OF) and we were running out of wagons to put on the back :lol: that loco could pull a house down, very impressive.
Mind you its not good for me, as each time i go there, i want a garden railway. its a great antidote to 'worrying' about little details nobody can see :lol: :lol:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
28ten said:
Mind you its not good for me, as each time i go there, i want a garden railway. its a great antidote to 'worrying' about little details nobody can see :lol: :lol:
Oh go on, you know it makes sense :p ;) :lol:

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Garden Railway, Hydraulics mmmmmmmmmmmmmm what more could a chap want. Well nice weather to go with it would help :lol: As Phill says Go on,go on , go on you want to we can all see ;) :D
Rob

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Phill Dyson said:
[quote=""28ten"":1y5zxp3z]
Yes I would love to do it in 1/32 with these http://www.titfield.co.uk/one32mod/Modfred.htm
mmmm.......I have drooled over that site a few times myself, I have also thought about building the gauge one Wezzy :shock: , but I think I had better stick to 7mm :oops: :lol:[/quote:1y5zxp3z]
Me too. They really look the part. Every time i look at that site i always think mmmmmmmmm should i or should'nt i. But as you say Phill better stick to 7mm :lol:

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer
My local model shop had one of those Class 22s in a while back, all built and painted and just SOOOOO tempting... except the price of course; if I could've persuaded SWMBO that going into arrears on the mortgage was worth it just to own such a model... :shock: :oops: :lol:

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
Shame the Fred Phipps stuff is a different scale to gauge one though :?
The Bachmann G1 brass stuff is also tempting & not that much more expensive than the O gauge stuff............according to Towers sight, Bachmann appear to be dropping the brassworks stuff though :(

28ten

Guv'nor
it is 1/32 as opposed to 10mm to the ft there isnt much visible difference and 1/32 is the way ahead, all Slaters new stuff is 1/32, yes, :D I have done all the research.
when I costed it up the model ends up about the same as JLTRT, what stopped me is the lack of kits, for example there is no decent 16t mineral, and financial commitment to 7mm.