Website Inspiration

djparkins

Western Thunderer
I thought other member might like to look at this -

http://public.fotki.com/chuckdoan/model_projects/

It is not primarily railway-orientated but on this site Chuck Doan from California is, I feel, particularly generous in the depth he goes into to describe the techniques he uses to get these stunning scenic results. Some of the dioramas are larger scales but some are only in 48th [1/4" scale - US O Gauge].

Anyway, to me, there is just hours of reading and wonder on this site. It would be great to see these sort of techniques used on a small 7mm or 32nd layout. Enjoy!

Regards,

David Parkins,
Modern Motive Power

28ten

Guv'nor
Chuck Doan - Great Scenic Modelling Site

Thanks, I have just 'wasted' a couple of hours! :laugh: the distressed wood is particularly impressive

djparkins

Western Thunderer
Plenty of inspiration here for apply a weathered look to your road vehicles [& wagons] + just look at the load in the back of the truck.  Elsewhere on the same site is an excellent article on tree making.

Just superb inspiring stuff.

Link: http://www.rlm.at/cont/gal37_e.htm

David Parkins

D1054

Western Thunderer
Loads & Road Vehicles + Trees

The water effect on the JU 52 is quite excellent :bowdown:

Certainly some inspirational modelling on there....  thanks for the posting! :thumbs:

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Inspirational modelling - there are even a few hydraulics!

I was having a look at Kier Hardy's web site yesterday:

http://www.emgauge70s.co.uk/modelpageindex.html

He and his chums are certainly very prolific in their output, so be prepared to lose an hour or so of your own modelling time!  :thumbs:

(Cynric - If this is in the wrong place, could you please move it to the right place).  :)

Regards

Dan

Neil

Western Thunderer

As yes, a splendid showcase for EM modelmaking. Cookie's already shown signs of weakening, who's next?

Jordan

Mid-Western Thunderer

That last image of the Two-Tone Brush 4 is fantastic - one of those "Real or Model" photos where you're not quite sure at first... :bowdown:
I like the comment on the Hartburn layout - "Sulzer Type 2 on a short freight working"... you can't get much shorter than loco & brake van, can you..?!?! :))
The photos of Wibdenshaw are also great, but having seen this layout (albeit briefly), one thing that does irritate me about pics like the ones here are that you can't get anywhere close to some of those viewing angles at a Show... :headbang: :headbang:

Steve Cook

Flying Squad

I've had a good mooch around that site on several occasions recently - lots to inspire.

Neil said:
Cookie's already shown signs of weakening, who's next?

As long as I can maintain a status of 'weakening' as opposed to 'buckling', all will be fine...  ;D

Steve

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer

Jordan said:
That last image of the Two-Tone Brush 4 is fantastic - one of those "Real or Model" photos where you're not quite sure at first... :bowdown:

Brian Daniels is detailing a Heljan 47 as Thor and he will be at the Bristol show with it - again, are you looking at a model or the real thing? But great modelling in both cases :bowdown: :thumbs: :bowdown: :thumbs:

regards

Mike

Ressaldar

Western Thunderer

CME & Bottlewasher said:
Hi Mike :wave:

Mike do you know if BD using any of the MMP parts?

CME :wave:

Hi CME,

yes, Brian is using the replacement bogie set and it does look good. Very tempted to do mine as well, have to decide whether to do 47 631 or 775 (Ressaldar)- probably the latter as I have already done 631 and it has moved on to a new TMD.

regards

Mike

7mmMick

Western Thunderer

In short, what a website. Now in my bookmarks, FANTASTIC  :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbs:

Best reagrds Mick

djparkins

Western Thunderer

Dan Randall said:
I was having a look at Kier Hardy's web site yesterday:

http://www.emgauge70s.co.uk/modelpageindex.html

He and his chums are certainly very prolific in their output, so be prepared to lose an hour or so of your own modelling time!  :thumbs:

(Cynric - If this is in the wrong place, could you please move it to the right place).  :)

Regards

Dan

Dan -

Prolific indeed.  It seems amazing that he produced all that work and found the Labour Party as well!!!

Regards,

DJP

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
1/32 inspiration

:eek:                      :eek:              :eek:              :eek:                        :eek:       
    :eek:      :eek:      :eek:          :eek:          :eek:          :eek:      :eek:    :eek:     
          :eek:      :eek:                      :eek:                      :eek:        :eek:                     
                                                                                                            :drool: