Is blue contagious

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
People tend to model what inspired them as children. That doesn't work with me, as I'm happy to model stuff that happened a few years before I was born, but the general principle applies.

I also harbour an ambition to model at 2mm scale a section of the WCML in north Bucks as it is today. Not quite sure what that says about me.

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
People tend to model what inspired them as children.

Doesn't work for me either. I have these really odd discussions with my Dad. He's bang up to date (at 83) on the current scene - lives, eats and breathes modern traction. I'm stuck in 1960 transition era when I wasn't even born. I find it difficult to get my head round that. He'll say 'have you seen the latest........?', and I won't have a clue what he's talking about:confused:

Richard

dibateg

Western Thunderer
Nor me - my interest is late 50s early 60s, and I have no interest in modelling the blue era of my spotting days... After about 1980, the railway scene is a complete mystry to me too!

Cheers

Tony

Heather Kay

Western Thunderer
Nor me - my interest is late 50s early 60s, and I have no interest in modelling the blue era of my spotting days... After about 1980, the railway scene is a complete mystry to me too!

Oh, I understand, and agree. However, I still like to see a well-observed model railway showing a current scene.

Dog Star

Western Thunderer
... the dreaded Blue Hydraulicosis...

Ahhh is that what it's called

Nope, you are suffering from Ploffy-induced, Heljan-assisted, Corporatus-Bluitisis Syndrome - commonly called a touch of the Blues and Greys.

"Blue Hydraulicosis"??? You mean "Blue Hydraulic Cozis".... that was something which Laira used to keep the Wizzos warm at night :)) .

Last edited:

john lewsey

Western Thunderer
I must say that I model LNWR circa 1900 but I do also like the 1950s and sixties and the blue era it's all good to me

lancer1027

Western Thunderer
Definately BLUE is the colour .:thumbs: Although modelling late 60's to mid 70's i can get away with the odd maroon western:thumbs: and an odd green 47:thumbs:

Rob:)

Phill Dyson

Western Thunderer
You're perilously close to the last of the kettles in that time period:D

But not on a proper region like the Western who had the good sense to replace their kettles with Hydraulics (ducking for cover as I type:D)..........although I suppose I'm little closer on the Withered Arm:eek::D

Phill :p