Jeremy from Edinburgh

JeremyC

Hello. I finally joined this forum a few months ago because it seemed to be a place for people who actually built things, however it was not until yesterday that I posted anything (a query re Standard 2mt injectors).
I have been building model railways in various scales since the 1970s, but since retiring in 2016 after 44 years as an engineer in the Merchant Navy I have decided to concentrate on 7mm Finescale.
My main interests are in the railways of South East Scotland, with a particular interest in the Waverley Route. I also have interests in narrow gauge and industrial railways.
As people seem to like photos I thought I'd attach some of my recent builds.
d30-02a.jpg
EX NB/LNER D30 Scott Class 'Dumbiedykes'. This is scratchbuilt and includes a working crank axle and connecting rods to see if I could do it. Unfortunately you can't see anything when its running so I probably won't do it again.

j36-02a.jpg
EX NB/LNE J36. Built from the Connoisseur Kit. The model represents one of the class that worked on the Waverley Route and was fitted with a tender cab, a feature only fitted to some members of the cab and a detail not included in the kit.

n15-02a.jpg
Ex NB/LNE N15. Built from the 62C models kit.

Current projects are a LNE K2 (Gladiator Kit) and a BR Standard 2MT (DJH Kit).

Jeremy

Bill Campbell

Western Thunderer
Hi Jeremy

Welcome to WT and you have grasped one of the important aspects - nice photos of very nice models.

As you model in 7mm scale you may be interested to know that SCOTGOG - a small O gauge show - is provisionally planned for 22 October this year in Falkirk. This is the show previously held in Linlithgow.

Regards.

Robin Mc

Hi Jeremy

Welcome to WT and you have grasped one of the important aspects - nice photos of very nice models.

As you model in 7mm scale you may be interested to know that SCOTGOG - a small O gauge show - is provisionally planned for 22 October this year in Falkirk. This is the show previously held in Linlithgow.

Regards.
Hello Bill,
SCOTGOG is indeed happening this year. At Camelon Community Education Centre, a level few minutes walk from Camelon railway station, and plenty of car parking at the venue. No lift or stairs plus an excellent community cafe.