Just playing..

28ten

Guv'nor
I am still getting a feel for the scale, but thought I might make a start on a small signalbox.
This is just a test blast without any surface detailing and it will be going to my eldest to play with  :))
My dremel router has given up on me so I wont be able to mitre the corners until a replacement is sourced

Attachments

• IMG_4090.JPG
    IMG_4090.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4091.JPG
    IMG_4091.JPG
    219.6 KB · Views: 26

28ten

Guv'nor
This is a quick doodle in Templot, what you see here works out at 23ft long

Attachments

• sketchboard_2011_08_01_0911_17.jpg
    sketchboard_2011_08_01_0911_17.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 29

westernfan

Western Thunderer
Will you be using modellers licence  on the length of the platform ? or is the station the indoor railhead of a garden empire ? If i recall there was a nice o gauge model railway of Abingdon on a dvd freebee with Railway modeller some years back  one of the features was the automaton signal man waving from his box .

28ten

Guv'nor
westernfan said:
If i recall there was a nice o gauge model railway of Abingdon on a dvd freebee with Railway modeller some years back  one of the features was the automaton signal man waving from his box .
This one? I couldnt squeeze that lot in  :))

28ten

Guv'nor
A little more doodling has resulted in this. it will be a while before I get it into autocad and to the laser as I have other more urgent jobs to get on with  :))

Attachments

• box 1.JPG
    box 1.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 28
  • box2.JPG
    box2.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 28

Dikitriki

Flying Squad
Brick by brick eh! Proper foundations, scaffold, roof timbers. Is there no lengths we will not go to for realism's sake ;D

CME; Depron is great stuff - I have used it extensively on Heyside. It is, however, easily prone to damage, and needs proper support. Oh, and don't pick up the wrong glue, you will melt the stuff, eating away from the back. Been there, got the T-shirt. Only done it once mind.

Cheers

Richard