Scattergun Loco's On The Move

Western Thunderer
As i drive for a living, I often see loco's on the move.

Today i saw this 56, I think its the one from Brush. Can anyone confirm this ?. Is it 56009 (56201) ?.

56 on M1.jpeg

photo (63).JPG

This was just passing Trowell services M1 between jnc 25 & 26.

Steve :cool:

Steph Dale

Western Thunderer
Well here's hoping she's off for preservation rather than scrapping.

Does anyone know if there's still one stripped down at the Nene Valley?

Steph

Bob

Western Thunderer
Not Burton or Kingsbury bound. She was going north between DERBY & nottm on M1 ;)

Doh!:oops:

Hopefully storage at Barrow Hill then.......rather than a certain establishment in Rotherham.

iploffy

OC Blue Brigade
Not on your nelly if the people in charge have anything to do with it it will be razor blades in some poor unfortunate blokes Christmas stocking

mth

Western Thunderer
Just got this from this from another member of the Grid Group:thumbs: .
56009 to be stripped for Spares and then Scrapped by Harry Needle:'( . So possibly on route to Barrow Hill.

Bob

Western Thunderer
Thanks for the info MTH.:thumbs:

A shame but considering it's latter day use as a test bed it was probably missing components.

Even considering that the Romanian-built ones were somewhat iffy , at least initially (won't use the phrase my friends from Toton did), I rather like Grids and at least they look more like traditional British locos than the 66 sheds or those unbelievably gross 70's :rant: .

Bob

Western Thunderer
That's got me thinking Jordan.....I've realised I've never taken a picture of either a class 58, 60, or even a 66!:oops:

The 56's were the last to be introduced in my spotting days before other pursuits including beer, girls, cars, debts etc etc took over for a while. I just think myself lucky to have seen the days of loco-hauled passenger trains!

Locomodels

Western Thunderer
Hi Bob, it does look like it, but it must be destined for somewhere over here I would think.

There is one over here (UK) in private ownership, it has been on the Leighton Buzzard railway and has also visited the Somme, but lives in the owners garden where he has his railway. He has built a station in the fashion of the Darjeeling too. They are now considered historic and are sort of listed, like buildings, so there will be no more 'escaping' from India.