7mm Minerva announcement

djparkins

Western Thunderer
I hope their 'Siphon' spelling is better on the vehicle than in the announcement!
Dave

I've seen this spelling used several times before. One of the places it was used was in a book where each show or showing was spelt shew or shewing!

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
Minerva announce their first bogie vehicle

If you wait long enough, the RTR stuff you desire, shows up eventually - Pannier tanks, Class 121 & 122 DMUs, Mk1 coaches, BR mineral wagons, ventilated vans, 20T brake vans, Presflo wagons and now, a Siphon G from Minerva (those 4mm boys have had it too good, for too long!). ;)

I’ve always enjoyed making stuff, but these recent developments in 7mm RTR, are huge time savers for me. Anyway, I reckon this will be a huge seller and I can’t wait to get my mitts on some - thank you Minerva! :thumbs:

Incidentally, looking at the CAD drawing in the announcement, it looks like the gangway faceplates are fitted with Pullman adaptors at the top, which enabled the prototypes to be coupled to BR Mk1s, or come to that, ex Southern & LNER coaches, with Pullman gangways. I suspect this was a BR modification and no doubt there were examples that were never modified, so perhaps Minerva will provide alternative gangways and/or faceplates without the Pullman adaptors, to cater for this and the GWR liveried examples?

Regards

Dan

Dan Randall

Western Thunderer
I’m rather OCD and am pretty sure I suffer from a touch of Aspergers too, so the alternative spelling of “shown” and the spacing (or apparent lack of it), between words, has given me the wobbles! :confused::confused:

Regards

Dan

jonte

Western Thunderer
I’m rather OCD and am pretty sure I suffer from a touch of Aspergers too, so the alternative spelling of “shown” and the spacing (or apparent lack of it), between words, has given me the wobbles! :confused::confused:

Regards

Dan
If you ‘think’ you’re an Asperger’s sufferer, Dan, then you’re probably not :)